Wednesday, November 3, 2010

65 degrees
+
Sunshine
+
no time limits
+
snacks
+
Mac Daddy Stroller
+
Bikes=

AN AWESOME ADVENTURE



Something I have learned over the years, some kids can NOT be rushed. Drexel is one of them. Before even setting out on the rail trail he finds a spot with rocks, glass, dirt and sticks to play with. Which is fine for Delaney, she pulls out a snack and enjoys the "rest".



I love my stroller! I know deep in my heart you shouldn't love "things" but allow me just this ONE......please. My sister gave it to us for Delilah. It will be many years before we out- grow it. It has rolled across too many soccer fields to count. Cruised through more than a couple 5k races and a half marathon. Leisure walks in the neighborhood and bumpy walks in the woods.






These are an example of Drex items I find in my purse, dryer, night side table and car. I have also learned not to "chuck" them the same day of the outing. Inevitable he will ask what I thought about the so and so berry or beautiful huge acorn. Mom? Really? You didn't keep it?



Some of these I took while riding my own bike. I know honey not a good idea, considering what a spaz I am at times. I just couldn't help it. It was the kinda day I didn't want to leave anything to memory.



If you haven't checked out the rail trail in Florence, make plans, set aside a few hours, you won't be disappointed. I promise.





Trees with "swingy" branches hanging down like George of the Jungle seemed to have been strategically put in our path. I am HUGE fan of anything made by LITTLE TIKES but really, GODS playground is so much better for sure.



Sun shined through the trees, leading our way.

Whoa......Dylan....tha's too high!





As his MOM I can say......Sweet Drexel does make his appearances daily. In between the rough boy play, dirt, drool,bathroom humor and power wrestling. I usually just make a mental note and enjoy the quiet moment but today I was lucky enough to have had my pocket camera ready.






Crunchy leaves make the month of October



More swinging




Oh, and the perfect blue skies too!






We finally make it to the Veteran's Memorial to eat our picnic lunch....well, whats left of it.




Can't keep the kids on the pavement today. Off roading was more their style. We venture to the big dirt mound right next to the Memorial.



The 3 year leads the way while the 16 year old skids out and wheelies down the path.

While playing KING OF THE HILL we spot Daddy driving by. We call. He turns around and joins us for a few minutes. This was better than the swingy tree, lunch and crunchy leaves all put together. Better yet for me, Drexel unloads a pocket full of nature into Daddy's big open hand.





A NEW King of The Hill is crowned!


Delilah was super content making mud pies, I was just as content letting her get dirty.


It was all fun and games until the "mountain lion" takes a tumble down the hill.

I have to admit "Momma Lion" freaked out a bit and screamed "MY BABY, MY BABY"


The sun was starting to set, leaving us a bit chilled. We all hated to wrap up our day. We were out of snacks and seriously needed a bath. Ya know the "leave a ring around the tub" old school bath.


Until next time..........


































1 comment: