Monday, January 10, 2011











BOYS ARE.........


( DON'T GET UPSET PEOPLE, OF COURSE I AM GENERALIZING)

*TROUBLE

*GROSS

*SLOPPY

*SIMPLE

*ROUGH

*ADVENTUROUS

*TOUGH

*UNPREDICTABLE

*DARING

*PHYSICAL

AND TOTALLY FUN!



Little to my knowledge, while I was out running errands one day 4 teenage boys were completely re-arranging my dinning room. Apparently it makes a great in-door hockey rink.

Hhhhhmmmm

Go figure, of ALL the many times vacuuming that room, never once have I thought of the potentially awesome gaming possibilities.


Geez, I must be getting old. I have to admit, at first I was totally irritated. I mean, really? Every part of my new table set, flipped like discarded trash on there sides. Every entrance, hallway and anyway to move at all....barricaded..... from any un-involved participant.

WHAT A BUZZ KILL I AM

Then a flash back shook my brain BACK to my happy place. These temporary annoying boy antics are a cake walk compared to girls.

It's not a newsflash to me or anyone who knows me I am a tomboy at heart. I'm laughing as I type this. Putting mascara on seems like a BIG DEAL to me most days. The only jewelry I wear are my wedding rings and pink heart rate monitor watch. Oh wait, sometimes earrings if they haven't turned green yet.

With 4 older brothers (and 2 sisters whom are equally tom boyish) I guess it's only natural that dealing with girl issues doesn't come naturally to me.

I mean, girls are so hard to understand.....aren't we?

The play date with 5 girls was going great. Until one of the girls looked at another one of the girls the wrong way. Girls are generally loyal, I will give us that. We also take sides against the others. 2 pairs of girls, both sides thinking they were right. Cause someone always has to be RIGHT and wrong. The last girl is odd girl out, left in middle, playing neutral "Switzerland" and the spokes person. Usually quite a bit of talking ensues after an issue like this.

"How did she look at her wrong?
I ask the spokes person of the group.

I listened for roughly 10 minutes, I heard both sides, I heard the reasoning. None of it made any sense to me. "JUST PLAY " oh, and "HAVE FUN" I add as I walk out of the room to finish the dishes.

While my hands were still soapy the face of the spokes person arrives at my sink. I again urge them to LET GO of the earlier argument and to enjoy the play date, as time was coming to an end.

2o minutes later another member of the girl posse finds me in my office, the laundry room. I stop folding long enough to explain in a dramatic somewhat serious MOM voice. Part of being friends is to listen to each other and work things out. I felt like it was an A+ speech I also felt like an actor in an "After School Special" remember those heart felt Brady Bunch stlye lessons wrapped up in a half an hour show?

This goes on and on which seems like forever....until the end of the play date.


Back to what I was saying about BOYS. They don't usually hold grudges. They don't usually LOOK at each other the wrong way. They fight, they make up...they move on to the next FUN adventure. After nagging them like a GIRL to put everything back just the way they found it. I took a bunch of pictures and sat down on my new $5 bar stool. Laughing to myself while deleting and clicking through the new hockey game frames on my camera. Smiling and shaking my head, truly appreciating how boys are made so different.

THANK GOD FOR THIS!


No comments:

Post a Comment