Tuesday, April 26, 2011

365 DAYS OF RANDOM TEAM ZYBKO




DAY #39




"Green Thumb? NOT!"




I love Spring time




The colors that pop against the perfect sky




I love flowers




I have no allergies




and




I also have




NO




knowledge of gardening




what so ever.....period





I wish I like to fiddle around the yard.




PLANTING, WEEDING, and PRUNING




Kinda like I wish I liked seafood.




To watch someone eat crabs legs, it's like an art, really. So passionate about getting that tiny bit of meat they can barely look up from their plate.




A special way to crack, dip, suck and toss!




RINSE, LATHER and REPEAT!




No thanks, too much trouble.




Can you please pass the basket of hush puppies and honey butter?
Refill of sweet tea? Oh yes ma'am, thank you.












As I drive to and from my daily travels I witness the same kinda ART with neighbors and their flower beds. Even when I blare my big ole van horn, they don't look up. It seems as if they can't even hear me shout "Hey" as I whirl by.




I don't take offense.




I understand they are submerged in a special invite only, green thumb world.




A world where I don't hold a ticket.







No worries here, I stick to house plants.




I walk into Lowe's and ask where I can find the easiest type of house plant.




I'm pretty sure in the gardening world 'easiest' is actually translated by




green 'thumbers'




as




HE WHO KNOWS NOTHING




I have one trick to keeping my house plants alive.











I MOVE THEM




GIVE THEM NEW SCENERY




DIFFERENT LIGHT




A NEW WAY TO LOOK AT THE WORLD AROUND THEM




A sure sign to this lady when it's time for a plant road trip is




brown, crackly, dead leaves




and




NO newness




NO difference in appearanceat all




I simply change the plants perspective




and VIOLA!




It grows new leaves




It comes alive








By now you have probably realized this post is not about my gardening skills or lack there of.




With our upcoming move hanging over my head I think about my $5 house plants.




If they can do it, so can I




Yep, I'm pretty simple these days




Change is good




Change is growth




BUT




Change is hard





I hear my thoughts out loud




I sound a tidy tad like a 3rd grader




BUT my friends are here.....




BUT I love this house......




BUT I know where all the shortcuts are in town.....




BUT everyone at Don Jose' knows my name




and




my special chicken 'kay-sa-dill-ah' order




I'm good here




I'm comfortable here




Oh my stars




I have become my dusty ole on sale Christmas Cactus




The one that never ever blooms during Christmas time




GOD has provided a job elsewhere




I need to get over it.




I need to change my perspective




Get out of my 'cozy' zone




SO




I can grow and bloom




Just at the right time.




































No comments:

Post a Comment