Tuesday, May 31, 2011

365 DAYS OF RANDOM TEAM ZYBKO

DAY #45

BIG MAN GRADUATES 5K

Felt as if I had won the picture lottery when I came across this one. I involuntarily shook my head while in a smiley, kinda, desperate voice muttered Drexel, Drexel, Drexel. No other way to put it, this look means trouble. His sneaky sideways grin reminds me of Harrison Ford. I'm pretty sure I had a crush on Indian Jones for close to a decade. Maybe it wasn't the smile at all, that cool hat was pretty much the bomb and don't even get me get started on his seriously BAD whip. Well, Drexel doesn't have access to a whip, mostly for the safety of others and he's not a movie star.



He did graduate Kindergarten today. Our seats were way in the back, couldn't really see a lot. After standing on the junior, cafeteria bench seats we spot his big ole Zybko head. A few tears begin to blur my vision.

Wasn't he just born? YES, I am certain of it. Seriously can't believe I'm one of those people who declares.

It really does go by fast.



I am pulled back to present day. La La is relentlessly yanking on my fancy new $14.99 sundress. Whoa kid, chill. This suckers gotta last until...well you graduate Kindergarten, at least. I busy her with my phone. She turns down the volume herself and settles in to a serious game of Fruit Ninja.

I enjoy the rest of the ceremony with completely dry eyes. Cheery, silly songs sung by toothless miniature graduates. Who can get enough of that? Even in the nose bleed seats I could feel the kids excitement and pride. Most of them won't even remember this particular 42 minutes of their life. With the help of the above snapshot which seems to capture my Drexel's personality, I certainly will remember. Yep, this Mom whose once prominent dimples now blend with her aging face, smiles sideways and knows as her heart swells a bit she could never forget.


























1 comment:

  1. BEAUTIFUL MAMA. JUST BEAUTIFUL. One of my favorite blogs yet.

    ReplyDelete