Monday, May 9, 2011

365 Random Days of Team Zybko


Day #43


05/19/11


Can we climb that big ole tree?






bryers mint chocolate chip ice cream


crispy bacon


peanut butter honey toast


fresh cold fruit






all foods I can't seem to get enough of




reading books to the kids


freshly bathed babies


lessons taught by accident


packing picnic coolers



all examples of Motherhood I can't get enough of


when the weather is right
#1 on the list is most definitely mini adventures


MINI ADVENTURES
CANT GET ENOUGH
IT NEVER GETS OLD




The youngest one really wasn't feeling it. This big ole beautiful tree didn't lure her out of the cozy Cadillac of a stroller. Delilah had found her adventurous happy place. Years ago I would have made her enjoy the moments, force her into pictures. Now, not so much.





I have always wanted to check out this amazing tree..... BUT.....It's on a golf course, a place you obviously can't be loud and disruptive. Why do my children not have indoor voices? It remains a mystery to me. Even their deep, raspy whispers can be heard in Yankee stadium at the bottom of the ninth.





I don't know what kinda tree this is. Not really my department. I could have looked it up to sound fancy and all. That would make me a nature poser, that's not my department either.





As a teenager I would have camped out in this tree




book, check.


large coke Slurpee from 7-11, check.


yellow sports Sony Walkman, check.


Swiss army knife to carve Baby Daddy's initials, check






A playground for all ages, until we are run off.








An old dude approaches in some tacky, tight golfing shorts, we scurry and gather our stuff. I smile politely, enjoying his southern accent and as he makes Happy Mother's Day small talk. We get the picture and leave hole #7 for the day. I turn back once again, the tree was just that cool. I catch the golfer smiling this time. A little embarrassed as his hand searches under layers of leaves for his shanked ball.




No biggie for us, we know the drill. We have been kicked out of places before. It only leads us to the next adventure within the adventure. Perfect! Let's roll out.




To the lake we go, where Delilah discovers her place in the story. Hand fulls of rocks, she feeds them to the water. Over and over and over and over.


until....




Mommy this rock is kinda squishy
Yes it is, cause it's Goose poop honey






I wipe her unknowing innocent hands with a baby wipe. After tossing the dirty white container back into the stroller I turn around quickly, Drexel is already wet. I don't bother asking him


what happened?
This is just par for the course, the Drexel course that is.




My pocket buzzes with modern technology. I'm not irritated with the disruption. It's a voice mail. Grandpa is treating us to Percy and Willies for a Mother's Day Lunch. We have twenty minutes.




wash hands, check


change clothes, check


refill Huggies container, check


enjoy Motherhood, check




















































1 comment:

  1. I love this! I especially love the "mommy this rock is kinda squishy" that is SO something LaLa would say...I can hear her little voice now! haha you are such a great mother and I hope I can be as awesome as you are one day!

    ReplyDelete