Thursday, August 21, 2014

A Solution to Misplacing To-Do Lists
Day 49-Year 3
Team Zybko
August 21, 2014


Baby Daddy was out of town so the kids were all hunkered down in my bed in hopes they would convince me they should just sleep in here for the night. Giggling, cuddling, cutting up, and still awake way past a normal school night bedtime I refused to glance at the clock on my iPhone. I feared the worst, it was probably around midnight. You could cut the dread with a knife, a real schedule was just a few short days away so we were living up the last little bit of summer freedom, no alarm clocks and no particular agenda. 

The next thing I know La La begins first grade art 101 on my right leg, Drexel starts on my left, then I join in on the fun. Doesn't everyone have sharpies easily assessable on their nightstand for this purpose? Duh. That's when the light bulb turned on dimly above my head. A solution to misplacing stuff. YES! I can't blame it on aging, I just seem to always have a few lists going on at a time. I am forever loosing my to-do lists, scribbled on the blank side of junk mail envelopes, an old receipt or a folded over index card. 

This drives Baby Daddy crazy.
 He says, You could probably put that kinda of information on your smart phone or a handy dandy specific soccer mom organizer, you know, like a normal person makes sure they don't forget anything important. (he would never say handy dandy, just work with me)

Hey Buddy, it's not like I forget to pick up the kids or anything, I just fail to remember we need dish soap, crazy glue and new finger nail clippers. 

I can't stand organizers, they put me in a box. I feel suffocated when everything is pre-labeled and such.

Ahem....honey babes, if you recall, I wasn't the one who failed to pick up Delaney from Kindergarten while I was post labor, double fisting carrot cake while nursing and gazing into the eyes of our newborn baby

I always bring that up, it's a cheap shot but it's literally the only thing I have on his otherwise squeaky clean record. His rap sheet is super short, probably because he uses a handy dandy busy guy organizer. He then shakes his head, in the most loving way and walks away, knowing he will certainly not get through or change the ideas of this non-normal girl.

The upper thigh, permanent marker list worked out well until about isle #3 of Aldi.  Apparently it looks a bit odd for a shopper to stop smack dab in front of the frozen section, mumble a bunch of stuff while repeatedly peering down the inside of her yoga pants. And let me tell you, to get you cray cray glances at Aldi's, at least the one we frequent is really saying something. It's saying, Lady you are definitely bonafide cray cray. I love these customers, they are unique, free spirited and they come in diverse packaging, biodegradable of course. I'm not discouraged though, I did mange to make out the words, hummus and milk before security rounded the corner. 

I try and always learn form my mistakes, at least that's what I read once in an inspirational planner sometime back in 1992.  Next time I will start the list at my ankles, right above my flip flops and make sure Baby Daddy is with me for all the fun!   

No comments:

Post a Comment