Thursday, October 29, 2015

OH...HECK NO!


Look Away Germs Freaks
Day 163 ~ Year 3
Team Zybko
October 29, 2015


In all honesty I wasn't looking to bust anyone being a little on the nasty side. That's generally not my style. I mean if I had to put a few areas of my life out there, for full public viewing, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't pass the non -gross test. 

Floor board of the van---fail.
Bathroom---fail.
Fridge--- fail. 
Any closet of your choice---fail.

BUT....this, I would NEVER do. 
I can promise you that. 
Never, never, never.

While killing time during a soccer rain delay the kids and I went wandering in search of something to entertain our simple minds. I didn't get very far down the wet sidewalk when the corner of my eye caught a lonely pair of abandoned flip flops. Usually this isn't a note worthy sight in south during the middle of  September, especially around a bunch of athletics ready to suit up into their cleats. But, the fact they were chilling outside a row of very used, smelly ports potties was a bit odd. 

My curiosity got the best of me.

Were they left they by accident?
Was a player in there changing?
Why does it look like they stepped right out of them?

I had a few minutes to kill.

Surely I should have been occupying my brain time on more important pressing topics like world peace, current national race issues and was I going to scrape together enough change in the van for a pumpkin spice latte after the game?






After a few long minutes of eagerly awaiting the person from behind the hard plastic door to make an entrance or exit in this case it happened. 

With my Nikon slyly positioned on my hip and black camera strap secured over my shoulder as not to give away my people watching addiction it was go time.

3, 2, 1....

I grossest thing I have ever seen.....all day, not ever, but that day.

 The man stepped out of the port-a potty BARE FOOTED!!! 

WHY OH WHY WOULD HE DO THAT?
I do not have the answer.
Nor did I ask him. 

Nothing in my tiny little soccer mom world made sense at that moment. 

The good news is, my under cleaned van served me well. 
I found a half eaten granola bar, an extra pair of yoga pants to replace my muddy ones and enough pennies, nickels and quarters for a hot cup of coffee. Now that made sense.  

  




No comments:

Post a Comment