Wednesday, October 14, 2015


When Life Gives You Mud
PLAY IN IT!
Day 159 ~ Year 3
Team Zybko
October 14, 2015


We were dressed and ready to go, rain gear and waterproof boots securely fastened to brave the soccer sidelines on yet another soggy Saturday in South Carolina. Yep, ain't nothing gonna stop us, well, except maybe the loud email ding on Baby Daddy's phone as we were literally walking out the door. Can't play, all games cancelled, fields would be destroyed. 

I fight the overwhelming urge to shuffle back into the bedroom, pick up my luke warm shark pajama pants off the floor, fire up Netflix and call the day a wash. I can do this. I battle my inside lethargic voices and gather motivation instead of my fuzzy slippers and ask who wants to go stomp in puddles. 

The comfy teen and her phone look like inseparable best friends and Baby Daddy looks at me with a desperate, please not me, side ways look. So the two littles and me it shall be. Awesome.

It doesn't take us long to find the perfect playground. A huge muddy, empty pit only a few minutes walk door to door.  So cool, it was seemingly dug out just for us, just for this purpose of adventure, just for this very point in time. Just awesome.

I loved......

*how the rain drops danced dramatically on top of the water

*how Drex gave his little sister his shirt to save her white jacket

*how the color of my hot pink Ronald McDonald boots stuck out beautifully against the colors of nature.

*how the leaf droplets hung on for dear life before eventually falling to their next place in life

*how new games were invented on the fly

*how I sat atop our mud mountain, sipping hot tea while pretending I was in a Mt. Everest documentary

*how I looked a hundred years old and afraid of falling and breaking a hip as I delicately and very slowly descended down the ridge

*how the water streams flowed like mini chocolate rivers

*how footwear seemed to disappear in the quick sand type mud 

 *how the murky water poured out of La La's boot reminded me to add a line to my Bucket List; Drink beer from a boot.

*how great the hot chocolate and indoor S'mores tasted after showering, drying off and warming back up those shark pajama pants....anyone seen the remote?

























































No comments:

Post a Comment