Tuesday, December 29, 2015

ANOTHER CANDLE ON THE CAKE!




Never Too Old To Be Youthful
Day 172~Year 3
Team Zybko
December 29th, 2014

Here we go again, another candle on the cake, another year gone by in the blink of an eye. Despite a few more wrinkles on my aging face (curse you baby oil days at high noon during the entire 80's decade) and desperate requests for my 13 year old to pluck the unreachable grey hairs on the back of my head I smile. I smile BIG. Life is so full of wonderful moments, people, opportunities and blessings. Thank you Baby Jesus. 

I  have come to terms with, or at least learning to live with the outward changes of middle age as I continue to focus on the parts that are only visible through my actions. But I'm not trying to get all deep here I simple want to remind myself for future references to never stop living it up, and by living it up I mean the tiny little moments that bring me joy and make me at least feel younger than I look. 

Dear Older Victoria,

In case you forget.

Please never get too old and boring to;

*Jump on a shopping cart with both feet as you find your missing car.

*Create an obstacle course at the playground.

*Shimmy down an aisle in the grocery store when your favorite Pitbull song comes on.

*Stop at a kids lemonade stand, buy lots and tell them to keep the change. 

*Stomp around in a huge rain puddle pretending to be Fred Astaire. 

*Have a dance off in the living room with your kids.

*Do a cartwheel at least once a year.

*Enjoy the sound of a newborn baby crying for boobie go night night.

*Laugh at myself. A lot.

*Write handwritten thank you notes within a few days.

*Sit down and commit 2 hours to a great game of Monopoly with your kids.

*Sing along to your favorite song at a traffic light with the windows rolled down.

*Giggle like a little girl with your besties.

*Squeeze Baby Daddy's bum cheek in public. 

*Skip

*Wear your hair in pigtail pony balls.

*Encourage a mom struggling with her two year old in public.

*Lick every utensil used for baking a cake thoroughly. Twice. 

I'm sure there is more I am forgetting. This will do for now. Enjoy your day. Don't do any chores, do not pass go, head directly to your favorite cupcake place, after all it is $2 Tuesday.

Love, 
Me
(you are welcome)

No comments:

Post a Comment