Thursday, January 7, 2016

New Christmas Traditions


New Christmas Traditions
Day 173~Year 3
Team Zybko
December 29, 2015

I admit it, sometimes I try too hard but not in a good way. Especially with holiday traditions. Like repeatedly trying to force a square peg in a round hole despite past experience and known outcome with the process. Maybe I should have learned by now but too stubborn to give up. Yes, I'm sure of it.

 Sentimental childhood memories and long lasting holiday traditions are the ones not planned.  Never the ones overly scripted and the not the ones created solely to look good on paper.

 The good stuff, the memorable stuff, the stuff that stands up through the years are the ones born from living, enjoying each other and rolling with it. And this also means traditions are added, tweaked and sometimes deleted altogether.

So maybe our traditions don't look as fluffy, neat or Norman Rockwell-ish as what I see throughout my Face Book news feed but that's OK. 

I like doing it differently. I'm good there. Plus it's not too crowded over here on the Island of Inconsistent Holiday People. 

*The beach on Christmas Day
*Outlets with cards burning a hole in the kids pockets
*A walk on the Cooper River Bridge
*Bro time in the man cave
*Pizza at our favorite place
*Celebrating and breaking in a new house
*Brownies made with love
*A beer and stroll on the docks of Charleston Harbor 
























































No comments:

Post a Comment