Saturday, June 18, 2011

365 Random Days of Team Zybko

Day #47

06/18/11

I really must confess.....I don't really look forward to trips to the zoo.

I have kept this a secret for years.

Any Mom who loves being a Mom should love taking her kids to the zoo.

Right? Well.......

I'm sorry people. It's just not my favorite thing.

I don't love the freaky smells that agitate my already sensitive sniffer.

I'm certainly not a natural animal lover.

I don't love paying $3.50 for a slushy.

I don't love eating packed sandwiches outside the elephant house.

I don't love it always seems to be 8 million degrees on any given zoo day.

I don't love the "petting" part.

I would rather scrub a toilet with my tooth brush than touch a goat.

I don't love avoiding piles of random poopie on the walkways.

OK, OK enough negativity.

There are plenty of things I do love about the zoo.

I love the curious smiles the unique little penguins bring to my kids faces.

They stare in amazement as they waddle around the fake plastic ice.

I love how La-La holds her nose the entire 2 hours to protect her sensitive gag reflex.

I love how Diane proclaims her lemon-lime custom made slushy was the best evah!

I love how Drexel pretends his right arm is an elephant trunk to eat his PB+J.

I love how they all run to the super cool 'air mister'.

They seem happy it's 8 million degrees so at least it's turned on.

I love how all the animals in the petting zoo gravitate toward Lil David.

He gives them all a pet, every single one of the smelly goats.

I love how Delaney has obviously gotten my love for animals.

She only poses for pictures next to or on replicas of real animals.

I love how Dylan decides NOT to take off his shirt and go Werewolf as we pass the Apes.

I love how some kid always manages NOT to avoid a random poopie pile.

Well gee whiz, maybe I do LOVE the zoo after all.

Maybe? Yes? I hope.

I wanna be normal....like the other parents....they seem to love the zoo.

Nah. No way, I won't get carried away and think I'm cured.

Me thinks I just love my kids.

Drexel could have stood here forever. Looking through the 4 inch protective thick glass at the fancy fish. Very still and un-Drexel like he would wait patiently for this cool shark to swim back through the colorful coral pass the spectator window.

What a cute little shark.

It's a black tip reef shark Mom.

Oh sorry shark boy, let me get a picture of you with it.

Ya know I'm gonna be a professional scuba diver when I grow up.
I don't doubt that Drex, I don't don't that at all.
Hey Mom says Delilah, I'm gonna be a mermaid when I grow up.

Ok, honey...that's nice, good luck with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment