Tuesday, October 25, 2011


365 RANDOM DAYS of TEAM ZYBKO

DAY #58

OCTOBER 28, 2011

You May Be A Home Schooling Mom If........


If you ask your 9 year old to cut your hair.


Delaney's smile couldn't have been bigger.
Really Mom?
With the super duper, shiny sharp scissors?
What if I mess it up?


My hippy-ish long hair lives in a messy bun 99% of the time. It's worn out ends hadn't been cut in well over a year. I reassure her, there is nothing you can do to mess up that glamous look.
She seems ok with that.
She drops the semi-flat soccer ball her and Dexel were using to play ghost man kick ball. Flipping my legs over the side of the plastic chair I realize I'm still wearing my shark PJ pants. This may also be a time to poke fun of a Home Schooling Moms day. Then again maybe I'm just more relaxed these days. Content, enjoying the warmth of the sun and the happy sound of the kids playing together. The home plate chair I was holding down through 6 innings is magically transformed into a high dollar salon chair.





So glad the half naked 6 year photographer gets some credit too. His reflection is captured beautifully in my huge $5.67 cheesy sunglasses.


20 minutes later my hair is trimmed and dry.

No scheduled apointment.

No money spent.

Job well done.

I do spurlge on a creative tip.

Bedtime has been pushed back 15 minutes.

My favorite hair dresser seems OK with that.

The heavy scissors are put next to first base, to be put away later.

After a shower.

After I put on day clothes.

AND

After the giggles of an afternoon family kick ball game.


Thank you Delaney!

I will put this baggie in my Soccer Mom scrapbook for sure.


















No comments:

Post a Comment