Saturday, October 29, 2011

365 Days of Team Zybko


Day #59


October 29, 2011


Pictures Worth a Thousand Memories


These pictures may never win first place


but


in this Mommas heart they are worth a thousand smiles.



Diane doing what she does as an older sister and doing it well. Putting up with, and goofing around makes Di-Di #1. While home from college Diane squeezes in 5 sibling soccer games. Never complaining in the heat as the kids fight for her attention. Big sissy, never alone for a second.




With his fishing shirt filled with snacks, a mouth full of sunflower seeds David joins us on the basketball court. What you can't see is his right knee wrapped tightly in a brace. Torn ACL and meniscus, surgery scheduled two weeks out. He quickly steals the ball, spins around on his good leg and proceeds to sink a 3 pointer. How can he still out-play everyone so easily? The rest of us can't help but laugh as he twirls the basketball Globe Trotter style around his pointer finger. His version of a victory dance.

So proud of his new trampoline tricks, Dylan is more that happy to demonstrate a dozen times til my camera timing is right. The only one I know that can bust out back to back flips in khakis and loafers. Our family trampoline was bought by the older kids ten years ago from Sam's for $169. No major accidents except for a badly sprained ankle, ironically enough it was Dylan.




I love Delaney's body language in this one. I have so few pictures capturing the real Delaney. The not posing Delaney. The yes I want to be the next Hannah Montana Delaney or I wanna have a FaceBook so I can use a cheesy pose as a profile picture Delaney. This is harder than you may think. Her dog like hearing can sense the shutter click from a mile away.



This particular soccer day was hot, seriously hot. So hot even Drexel stops moving. He takes a legal time-out from B-BAll and finds a tiny slice of slow moving shade. The now back in style soccer shirt he is wearing was Uncle James'. My brother already in heaven. His grin gives me a warm feeling inside cause just like the shirt from the 70's this sweet look also reminds me of my brother.



I am a big fan of cute little front teeth of a 3 year. In this picture they aren't necessary. This look to me makes all the blah, blah, blah parts of motherhood worth it. Delilah Drama seem to come more frequently these days. I suppose one can say this behavior is spurred on or accurately explained by her birth order. During the good times I thoroughly enjoy when I receive sweet looks like this one.















No comments:

Post a Comment