Saturday, November 1, 2014

GROUP TEXT LOVE



When I Miss the Big Kids
Day 71-Year 3
Team Zybko
November 1, 2014


I suppose I should know by now, nothing last forever. All the kids living under one roof, I miss that. Some days the longing feeling for a full house is stronger than others. The roller coaster or ebb and flow of emotion that piggy backs the well known empty nest syndrome is hard. I miss them, I just do. My momma heart longs for the regular type of noise and activity that 6 pairs of feet make, not just 3. I miss the extra everything actually, probably sounds crazy, but true, even huge extra piles of light and dark laundry.

 On a regular basis, I metaphorically slap my own face with a dead fish, reminding myself of the cold hard truth. The joyful, full house season will never return, never come again, gone forever. I'm starting to get that. Slowly but surely. Processing through mud with baby steps as I grasp this family reality. 

With the help of modern technology, my options to keep in touch are limitless. It always cheers me up to know an injection of love from the older kids is just a simple iPhone swipe away. The light bulb shines bright above my messy pony tail as I pull my cracked phone out of my back pack in a hurry.

TIME FOR A GROUP TEXT PEOPLE!


Yes, a healthy way to deal with a time in life gone by too quickly. This free fix includes 3 of my favorite contacts and a quick, gentle thumb press to the green send bar. With-in minutes my spirits are lifted as I feel connected to their busy schedules and lives away from the nest. I can’t help but smile as they play along with my request.

PLEASE SEND A PICTURE OF WHAT YOU ARE DOING! 

It certainly doesn’t cure the heart long term but it does help the dull ache of the present. More like a temporary band-aid slapped on a gash requiring 12 or so stitches. I’m getting better at this though, if I apply enough of these adhesive bandages, over time I’m positive it will make a difference, until then I will keep my phone on and charged. Just in case they need me.



Stairwell Selfie


Intense Learning


Laundry Time


Post Game Bus Ride


Save a Stray Day


Shopping for Wedding Dress Time

No comments:

Post a Comment