Thursday, July 7, 2011

365 Days of Random Team Zybko

Day #52

July 8, 2011


We finally got rain the other night, lots of it.

The kinda storm that usually floods our garage.

Heavy winds slam loud sheets of rain against the house.

A serious but funny hour of explaining to La-La,

No honey, I promise

"Cats and Dogs" aren't really gonna fall from the sky.

The next morning everything is still moist.

Like walking into an outdoor steam room.

It takes my breathe away as I smile inside.

Only in SC can one sweat on contact with the Summer air

at 7:51 am

I jump in the van to take a kid to soccer.

My seat is dry, so thankful I remembered to 'roll' up the windows up.

I turn my sleepy soccer mom neck as far as it will go.

Checking for kids, bikes and other stray objects not put away properly.

Our red 'Creepy Myrtles' catch my eye as I roll backwards.

It's blooms look so pretty in the morning light.

Were they like that yesterday? I don't remember.

Come to think of it, I can't really remember yesterday at all.

I take a sip of my coffee to spark a memory.

I'm still holding the hot mug like precious gold.

I swallow and look again through the rain dropped smudgy window.

My eyes can't resist the bright red flowers.

They seem to be on fire against the blue sky.

My posture improves and instantly I perk up.

Like a kinda caffeine for the eyes or something.

A big heavenly smile takes over my entire face.

GOD is so cool.

He gives us natural, visual alarm clocks everywhere.

His beauty is all around us.

24/7/365

Regardless of the time of the day you wake up.

MOM? MOM? I can't be late. If we aren't on time we have to run laps.

OK, yes yes yes, got it sweetie, we're going.

A near miss of the trash cans while in reverse and off to the fields we go.



My camera doesn't like the humidity as I begin to click away.

In my mind I blame a dirty fingered kid until I turn the lens around to find a thick layer of 'fog'

It reminds me of the special 'hide the wrinkles' filter those fancy photographers use.

Seems to work well, I should look into getting one.



I'm mesmerized

Water droplets hang onto the flowers with all their might.

Clinging for minutes

Then, suddendly with out warning

drop quickly to their death onto my grassy flip flop.

The ground is wet and littered with fallen flowers.
A bead of salty sweat falls from my forehead

Hitting the square 'viewing screen' with a splat.
I squint to see the shots and can't believe how hot it is.


My Super Summer Challenge is to memorize

JAMES

CHAPTER ONE
With GODS help I am reminded of verse 10 and 11


"But the one who is rich should pride in his low position, because he will pass away like a wild flower. For the sun rises with scorching heat; its blossom falls and its beauty is destroyed. In the same way, the rich man will fade away even as he goes about his business."


It was no accident I happen to notice that pretty bush.

Even though it's been in our yard for years.

GOD knew I needed to see its beauty at just the right time.

GOD is cool like that.

His timing is perfect.

He is never late for anything or anyone.

I abandon picture taking and reread JAMES before the house is fully awake.

I ride on HIS coat tails this morning.

My timing for once seems perfect too.

No late laps run here today.





No comments:

Post a Comment