Wednesday, July 20, 2011

365 Random Days of Team Zybko



Day # 71



December, 15 2011



Forgotten Days of Summer




Found this un-finished blog sitting very patiently in the EDIT POSTS section of my dashboard.



I'm pretty sure back in July or August I had something very meaningful to write about these pictures. Ya know, a truly memorable story the kids will want to tell their own little ones down the road.

"I love that one about Grandma!"

Tell it again!

Tell it again!

Tell it again!



As I sit here racking my brain, it's smack dab in the middle of December.

Nothings coming to me.

All I see is a funky picture of the pool water.

Dylan starring at his six pack in the window refection

Pruney hands and feet

and

A Christmas card picture that will never be sent out.





Having just finished my new favorite late night treat.

Natural Breyer's Vanilla ice cream with rainbow 'sprinklers'. My mind is frozen.

HHHmmmm I could make up something totally believable about this sunny, fun, family pool day.

OR

Get another mug full of dessert. Oh yea baby. I teach 3 classes tomorrow at the gym. I will surely dance these calories off. I check on the kids in bed before I run to the outside freezer in my un-tied Nike Shox. All the littles, sound asleep!

I lay down a fresh layer of multi-colored sugar pieces and fill my cup to the brim with more creamy goodness. Pushing down hard with the back of the scooper as I go. Don't mess with my ice cream routine. Big time, type A thing going on between me and my Breyer's. Yes, it's always Breyer's. I only eat ice cream from a coffee mug and I very rarely share out of my cup with the kids. OK, never. I really, really, really dislike sharing my ice cream with anyone. Even baby Daddy. He doesn't even ask anymore. A sticky smile brightens my face. I was so busy eating leftover sprinkles off my cheek I forgot. No one is up but me. No need to eat in the back of a dark closet tonight.



I may have been wrong, there is a story here for the grand kids.





"Let me tell you something about your grandma kids. Yep gather around, this one never gets old.




Grandma was a total freak about her ice cream. One time I tried to sneak a bite, she caught me and bit my finger. Made it bleed even. 2 stitches I tell you. Look closely, I still have a scar.





Oh, and this one time Food Lion was out of Breyer's so I just bought the generic brand. Big mistake children. She threw it at me. Seriously, straight at my face. Luckily I had ninja like reflexes back then. I barely saw it coming but had just enough time to bend over backwards. Matrix style and all. Flew right past my head, hard as a rock, the half gallon hit the wall and broke a frame. Crazy I tell you. Back in the old days....




OK, don't put this part on Face Book or anything.....BUT....grandma would even dance for her dessert."



Tell it again!



Tell it again!



Tell it again!











1 comment:

  1. My grandma ate ice cream all the time- up until she passed away. Even when she was in the hospital and would not want to eat, we told them she'd go for ice cream. Sugar free because she was a diabetic, but she wasn't brand picky. She lived to a ripe old age- guess ice cream works, huh?

    Speaking of which, I had some vanilla mixed with peanut butter tonight. No sprinkles though- that could get stuck in the spot where my wisdom tooth was once planted ;).

    Amy Lauren

    ReplyDelete