Monday, July 18, 2011

365 Random Days of Team Zybko



Day #53



July 18th 2011



LIVE -LAUGH -LOVE



Laughter is instinctive and contagious



Don't tell my kids but I got in trouble more than I should have while growing up. Not for really awful, terrible, kinda behavior. Mostly failure to pay attention, talking and well......laughing.



YES, LAUGHING



IN CLASS



DURING CHURCH



ON STAGE DURING ASSEMBLY'S



EVERY SPORTS TEAM I WAS ON



AT SLEEPOVERS



BAND CONCERTS



IN THE LIBRARY



AT THE GROCERY STORE



Did I say at school already?



"Vicky, please stop laughing, you are being quite disruptive"





THEY say laughing hard 100 times is the equivalent to riding your bike for 15 minutes. I'm not so sure about that. As a teen I definitely laughed while simultaneously riding my hand me down Schwinn 10 speed. No luck with that caloric formula, I was still a fat kid.



Maybe, just maybe THEY are wrong



OR



Maybe I should fess up that my joy ride destination was almost always the town's only 7-11. An extra large moon pie and a 64 ounce straight up fizzy Dr. Pepper. My hard earned babysitting money didn't last long, it seemed to burn a whole right through the pockets of my husky J C Penny jeans.




THEY also say the average kid laughs 400 times a day



BUT



The average adult only laughs a measly 15 a day.
15? Only 15 times a day do we get a good laugh in?



C'mon people, we can do better than that.
Laughing at yourself counts too.



Like that one time I bought a really cute $4 workout shirt. I threw it on over a tank top to teach Zumba that night. It got hot in Studio 2 fast, I didn't skip a beat and quickly took it off. Rescuing it from my already sweaty skin. Ahhh yes, much better. I'm not exactly sure how long I danced before I saw the horror of my reflection in the mirror.






The cheaply made inside of my cute shirt had come off and stuck to my skin. Not everywhere, that would have been better. The black fuzz had formed clumps under my armpits, refusing to let go, like that old crazy glue commercial from the 80's. I freaked out for a minute, when was the last time I shaved? Oh my stars, who knows? Knowing my schedule it could have been days, weeks.... months?......I'm not exactly sure. What I did know for sure was that my grossed out crowded class and I were gonna arms down merengue till I remembered or at least it until I thought it was funny. 32 or so beats later I give into my overly hairy new European tree hugger natural look and laugh til my abs hurts.






No comments:

Post a Comment