Thursday, November 17, 2011

365 Random Days of Team Zybko

Day #65

Be Careful What you Pray For

November 18, 2011



Lord let me know clearly the work you are calling me to do in life, And grant me every grace I need to answer your call with courage, love and lasting dedication to your will.






This prayer was taped to the dashboard of my van for weeks. I am on the road a ton, like any soccer mom throughout the day. In and out. Here and there.

Park

Reverse

Neutral

and

Drive

Next to the gear shift. Smack dab in front of my eyes.

On my way to the gym....I recited it.

On my way to Sam's.....I read it.

On my way to school.... I memorized it.

Waiting in car line.... I meditated on it.

In my journal of all journal's....I had it written it neatly.

While falling asleep.....I prayed.

LORD LET ME KNOW CLEARLY THE WORK YOU ARE CALLING ME TO DO IN LIFE, AND GRANT ME EVERY GRACE I NEED TO ANSWER YOUR CALL WITH COURAGE, LOVE AND LASTING DEDICATION.

Weeks passed, I heard nothing from GOD. Zippo. Zilch. Not a single mention of this special prayer that laid heavy on my heart.

Like an ignored friend request. No response. My words, thoughts and concerns were just out there.

I was a little frustrated and a tidy tad impatient at this point.

Had HE already told me and I wasn't listening? Did HE answer in Spanish? Was I absent that day? Behind the bleachers? Oh, geez. I did say CLEARLY didn't I?

The torn index card now lay on the cluttered passenger side seat. The scotch tape had done it's job as long at it could. The paper would blow to the ground get shoved in the visor, back on the floor then eventually put in the trash.

No worries, I know HE is busy. I'll wait.

Fast forward a few months. Prayer was finally answered. I heard GOD loud and clear! Only problem now, I didn't like HIS calling.

HOME SCHOOL? REALLY? IS THIS A JOKE?

This time I ignored his "friend request"

Just so you know, not a good idea.

Like running into a brick wall, backing up and mashing the pedal to floor.

Only to crash head on, again.

Over and over and over.

GOD strategically placed certain people and home schooling conversations in my path.

No sir ree bob, not me, no way, I could ever do that.

"I COULD NEVER HOME SCHOOL."

"I COULD NEVER HOME SCHOOL."

"I COULD NEVER HOME SCHOOL."

Ever time I declared this to anyone who wanted to listen, BAM!

Into that stupid wall again.

After multiple spiritual concussions I decided to stop the insane cycle.


As of this afternoon my Home Schooling Hamsters of Team Zybko Academy will cross cross out day #64.



















No comments:

Post a Comment