Wednesday, March 9, 2011

365 RANDOM DAYS OF TEAM ZYBKO
03/09/11
DAY # 33
(Happy Birthday Te-Taw)
We get prepared and ready for
soccer season
swimsuit season
gardening season
football season
We even protect and prep various pipes and engines for a cold winter season.
That's fine and dandy......but
How and what do we do to prepare for the very special season of LENT?
It's here.....It's Ash Wednesday....already.

I am excited to be filling in and teaching for our 4th grade CCD class tonight. As I sit here and prepare for the lesson, my heart begins to race......feeling a little nervous. How do I teach and convey a message that I in fact am still learning myself......way into my 30's? How do I personally prepare for Lent? Hmmmm....how honest do I need to be here? Well let's just say I have over the years given up various foods during Lent. Never, ever making my agreement with God last until Easter. I stink, I know! So this year, I'm not given up some sort of junk food for Lent. I end up flipping it ALL around putting the focus on ME and MY love for sweets and fried goodies instead of than MY love for GOD. This year I'm diving in, head first. I want to focus on bringing Glory to God.
I want to be a "Glory Bearer"
I am taking a class called PERSPECTIVES about World Mission Work on Monday nights. I sit and soak up all the material covered. At times I am completely overwhelmed and feel totally in over my head. No problem though, I am into challenging my heart and soul these days. I scoot in late with my friend, rushing from having just taught at the gym.
We sit in the back and shovel our dinner in as quietly as we can. 2 and 1/2 hours of guest speakers, prayer and thought. I can't write down the information fast enough yet, other times I'm so moved I can't write at all.
This week the Missionary, Mr. John spoke about being a glory bearer. Within minutes of him talking he asked us to flip to JOHN Chapter 17 Twenty six powerful verses typed in red, words spoken by Jesus himself. I look over at my sweaty apple eating Bible memorizing BFF. I see it in her eyes, I know she also wants to challenge her heart. We decide to to memorize it. I'm positive it will help keep us focused. Preparation for the CELEBRATION of Jesus and his Resurrection can totally be personal, I know this, and get this. For me, I'm working on being more vocal, even if it's just typed on this blog, it's a start for this Catholic girl. Do me a favor, check back with me in forty days, I would love to recite 26 beautiful verses to you, from memory. I have an idea, let's meet at McDonald's. They have the BEST fries! Just saying......

No comments:

Post a Comment