Wednesday, March 30, 2011

365 RANDOM DAYS OF TEAM ZYBKO

DAY #36

03/30/11

"OH, YOU HAVE YOUR HANDS FULL"

I took this picture as a joke but after seeing it full screen, it's now one of my favorites. Not super clear or in focus, setting on camera was off for sure. Oh well, those details aren't important.The main idea and 'characters' of the picture are very clear and most definitely the right setting.


I feel as if I'm looking in the mirror when I look at this picture.

OK, stop laughing people. I am in a realistic bubble here as I type at my computer, I swear. I do realize I am not five foot ten with long blond hair impersonating a Workout Barbie. My kids are messier, a little denser and have bigger Zybko heads for sure.

What I mean is, her hands are full. Full of children and full of love.


The drop off transition from our weekly play dates are sometimes tricky and at times lengthy. My kids unbuckle as I put the van in park, 'ninja style' they totally slip under the radar, not even closing the door behind them. They LOVE Ms. Jennie and her 'gaggle of girls'. (You too Mr. Brian) Kids are smart and quick, they fully take advantage of me as I catch up with my BFF.

We talk about the days adventures:

Behavior of the kids

Flowers picked for Momma

Scrapped knees

Picnic lunch menu

Bike races

Special slushy treats

Kind words spoken

Kind words not spoken

Secrets told

Funny made up stories


Back to my point. The old me used to get a little defensive when people would comment in public

"Oh, I see you have your hands full"

It seems as if it always coincided with the kids not listening, the baby running straight out into the parking lot after loosing grip on her sweaty hand, or maybe, just maybe one of them being caught pounding the other one on the arm behind my back.


What I heard was.....

"This woman can't handle her kids"


I used to get irritated with strangers who felt it necessary to state the obvious.

Yes of course my hands are full....duh.

My irritation stemmed from hearing the truth out load.

I am usually out-numbered.

And I do at times 'appear' to have lost control of the herd of little ones.

OK, seriously lost control.

Even after years of being a 'Momma Duck' I'm still learning.

I get things wrong all the time.

I say the wrong things.

I pack the wrong things in the wrong kids lunch.

The list goes on.....and....on.

I know there is no exact formula or right way to how this parenting thing goes.

Each kid is different. What I do know is, I'm trying my best.

My hands are full!

My life is full!

My heart is full!


1 comment: