Wednesday, March 23, 2011

365 RANDOM DAYS OF TEAM ZYBKO
DAY #35
03/24/11
WHAT DO KIDS DREAM ABOUT?



It took me forever to give up film. My first BIG GIRL camera, a Nikon N65 made me feel like a grown up. Could barley hold down my excitement as I marched into Sam's to get them developed. My chest lifted as I proudly held the black containers with the 'tough to open' grey lids. I was certain each roll I dropped off would have the next 'Christmas' photo in it.

Well, millions of dollars and blurry pictures later some really super smart people invented digital technology. Oh my stars, you can see the picture right there on your camera? No waiting? Do you have to shake it like a Polaroid picture?
ME CAVE WOMAN
ME NO UNDERSTAND HOW IT WORKS
ME NO WANT ONE

I refused with both feet firmly planted. Baby daddy constantly assuring me I would get the hang of the computer part of it. Stick drive, flash drive, memory stick, chippy this chippy that...it was all like George Jetson futuristic lingo to me. I'm a computer spaz, I admit this openly.
I remember laughing at my Mom back in the 80's.
Vicky, can you program the VCR? I don't know what channel it should be on.
Mom, really? How hard is this?
Sorry about the rudeness Mom and thanks to my teenagers who still do ALL my I TUNES stuff.
That's a learning goal for next year, Jan 2012 for sure.
I mourned the day my Nikon died, refusing to make that awesome sound when I pushed down gently on it's magic buttons. A noise and feel a digital camera just doesn't make.
To make a long story......longer, We found a cheap Nikon N70 body on EBay and used my same generic lens.
Life hasn't been the same since. No going back. Remember when you only took ONE shot of something? Keeping your fingers crossed it would TURN out? Couldn't retake it cause you only had a 12 exposure roll. Good Times, Good times. I have a huge box of negatives in a closet somewhere, under safe watch next to the first cell I ever owned, which weighed in at about 22 and a half pounds.
ME CAVE WOMAN LIKE DIGITAL NOW


On the flip side of digital. I take too many pictures of everything, all the time. While cruising through my removable disc, yeah I just said that, I've come along way baby. I found 2 gazillion pictures of the kids sleeping. Really? How many angles do I need to capture this peaceful moment? I haven't had a picture printed out in what seems like forever. I do miss sending relatives hand cropped,sharpied with love on the back captions, along with a note in the mail. BTW, my Mom has come a long way too, she is the coolest TEXTING Grandma I know!








No comments:

Post a Comment