Saturday, January 7, 2012

365 RANDOM DAYS OF TEAM ZYBKO

DAY #78

January 14, 2012

FRESH SQUEEZED PLEASE


A job and project intended for only Drexel.

One of his simple life long dreams.

To make fresh squeezed orange juice.

He is a simple man.

Please don't freak out about a six year old using a knife.

I'd make the incision, and simple hand it over to the 4 foot tall professional.

Then he would 'shimmy, shimmy coco puff' all the way though the orange.

These particular knives are harmless and generally used to spread my Nutella.


Drexel didn't fuss when his little sister wanted in on the action.

He helped her get used to the mashing and simultaneous twisting.

Easier said than done with tiny kid hands.

I tried just one orange and cried 'uncle' for my juice making career.

Stay in school people.



A huge bag of these sweet smelling fruit from Sam's isn't cheap.

About 15 'belly button' seedless oranges were used.

1 hour and 10 little sticky fingers later we finally have enough for everyone to drink.

No wonder a gallon of this 'no pulp' citrus treat runs your food bill up.


While I wipe the table and mop the floor, Drexel is busy at work with another project.

Before I begin to fuss I take a deep breath.

I mean it's only 8:17am. Another mess already?

Pretty certain 'scrub floor' was not on my to-do list for the day.

I feel behind already, until he proudly smacks this badge on his little sister.

A hand drawn certificate showing her hard work and dedication to orange squeezing.




No comments:

Post a Comment