Tuesday, January 24, 2012

365 RANDOM DAYS OF TEAM ZYBKO

DAY#85

January 24, 2012

GOOD THING SHES CUTE


Plan of attack. 3 bags one room. Empty when I start. More than full when I'm done.

TRASH

GOODWILL

STORAGE

Now that my little emotional pity party is over. I'm full on with the mission at hand. I'm staying on task. Getting my lived in slightly junked up house ready for show time. I must say, we are really, really, really GOOD at living in it. Every day brings a new get house ready to do list and a trip to the dump, when it's open. After encouraging baby Daddy we could save money by being our own trash service I find out the city dump did the same thing. To save money they have cut back too, on their hours and CONVENIENCE.

Not sure why it's so hard for me to remember BEFORE the black bags are loaded up.......

THEY ARE CLOSED EVERY TUESDAY AND THURSDAY!!

and the third Friday when the moon is full,

when it's over 100 degrees,

when they feel like it,

and apparently when my prison van is filled top to bottom with odorous kitchen trash.

Having a clearer mind than usual I actually remember it's Tuesday, change plans and direction on the road. We head to the storage unit instead, with a much less potent van load.

I had never been to our cute-ly painted orange, overpriced, cement 10 by 10 rectangle before. The boys, having more muscle and less years under their belt have kindly taken a few trips. They also kindly drive thru sonic on the way back with my card and pin #.

Ya know, like a service fee or something.

Drexel is my guide, he has been here before. As I drive up and down the monotonous tiny driveways I think I should have looked at our receipt before rushing out the door.

That double digit number and one simple letter combination would be rather handy at the moment.

OK BUDDY, WAS IT THIS ROW?

WHICH SIDE WAS IT ON?

YOU THINK I SHOULD TURN ROUND?

ARE WE EVEN IN THE CORRECT STORAGE PLACE?

Stopping the van with my foot, my hand slides the shifter 3 spots to park. I take a big, deep breathe. It's already 11 something with no schoolwork crossed off our day. I seem hungry for lunch, I'm really not sure what time it is. I don't want to look at my watch. Instead, I look in my rear view mirror, Delilah is almost done with her fourth make over of the day. Delaney hums to herself, pretending to study the map of America. Too brain dead to figure out the reverse mirror thing, I shake my head cause her study guide looks backwards and upside down.



Eventually we find it. Drexel proudly pulls up the frayed rope handle. The kids are a big help, carrying what they can. Cheesy made up Delilah struggles to walk in some dress up heels but wants to do her part. Picking up a not so heavy, fun painted kid rocking chair. A chair I will probably end up giving away when we clean this sucker out in a few months. She stops dead in her tracks at the entrance of the half packed storage unit.

MOMMY!

yes

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!

what

WE HAVE ALL THIS SAME STUFF!


It's a good thing shes cute.



No comments:

Post a Comment