Friday, February 8, 2013


365 Random Days of Team Zybko
Day # 317
Boyz In Da Woods
February 9th, 2013
 
 
Last Saturday morning we all hop out of the car to kill some time as the prison van gets an oil change and some brake work done. 
Hey mom, we are gonna walk in the woods,
after a minute or so, see if you can see us.
 
Bad thoughts of  ticks, poison ivy, broken glass and a million different types of poison snakes indigenous to
South Carolina fill my soccer mom head.
That didn't last long.
After those bits of worry rattle around in my brain for about 18 seconds I realize it's too early to use the word indigenous and I'd never catch up to them anyway. The 2 servings of Hardee's biscuits and gravy were sitting super heavy, preventing large movements of any kind. I'm sure they will be just fine. No use in wasting a carb coma on a possible fatal reptile bite ER visit. I do however have enough strength to pick up my camera, compliments of the caffeine in my crunchy turd iced, styrofoamed Dt. Dr Pepper with the extra wide straw. Although I may have been daydreaming too long, replaying every episode of National Geographic I ever watched in the 80's, I  have trouble finding them in the thick brush. Uh oh, I may have to work up a panic sweat after all. Could there actually be a boy eating lion lurking in the woods behind the Jiffy Lube on Pine Needles? No, that's crazy talk or maybe that darn breakfast sausage was bad. I keep my sleepy eyes focused on the movement. Do I even have my new 2013 insurance card in my purse? If it weren't for my mac daddy zoom lens and the fact no one, I repeat no one I have every grown inside my uterus will ever work for the CIA or FBI. Thankfully I could hear them cracking up all the way from the parking lot. The laughter helped me tune into the wooded hiding place. Otherwise I would have never spotted 2 of my children. Noisiness is in the genes,
even the ones now unbuttoned slightly so I can breathe. 
 
  







No comments:

Post a Comment