Thursday, February 14, 2013

   
 

365 Random Days of Team Zybko
Day # 322
A Super Hero Valentine Love
February 14th, 2013
 
 
 
I found these little toys clinging together in this position after one of La La's long, leisurely 4 year baths. I stop my hurried mom chores for a brief minute and smile. I try hard to recall any pretend play I may have heard from behind the bathroom door. The conversation between the red power ranger to the princess I'm sure was noteworthy. Perhaps she needed to be rescued from under a dirty layer of bubbles or another Happy Meal toy turned bad guy. I will never know, I can only make up my own story as I sit on the the top of the toilet wondering where the energy for the rest of the day will come from. My mind wanders off while I hear the half naked pre-schooler in the back round, opening and closing drawers in  search of the perfect pre-princess outfit. 
 
 

I am not a girly girl by any stretch of the imagination but that doesn't stop me from feeling like a princess. My real life super hero does a really good job at making me feel rescue worthy every day.
Many times I have begun to write about him only to stop midway through the blog to protect his Clark Kent identity. Ya see, Baby Daddy doesn't run on attention fuel, he prefers the opposite. Flying under the radar doing what he loves to do, no awards or fanfare needed to keep him going.   


My super hero would rather wear a man sized tu tu than pose for a picture for any reason. Which is why my slim choices of images uploaded here tend to be of his back side, part of his face or in one of my favorites his Team Zybko Nikes. Oh,yea I love this man. If we ever win the lottery the picture in the paper would be of my big ole cheesy face and his bear hands holding the over sized cardboard check. Hey, I'm cool with that.

 
 
He tells me,
 "You don't need to write about me"
But honey, I wanna tell people how wonderful I think you are.
"Seriously, it's a little embarrassing"
OK, how about this. I could write about how you make ME feel so wonderful. See, then it wouldn't actually be about YOU at all.
He shakes his head and doesn't say a word.
In OUR non-verbal language that means.....
"Yes babe, sure (cause I know you have your mind made up)"
Like I said, this is the man for me. 
 
 
My super hero tells me neither one of us is perfect
BUT
we are perfect for each other.
 
 
 I tell him, it's true. We are just right for each other.
Out there in this world is the perfect nut for every squirrel.
 

 Thrilled God had this one fall on my head while still in my baby making years. Big David lives to be a Dad. I bet somewhere in the depths of a big Rubbermaid bin from way back in the 70's there is a tattered piece of paper shoved in between elementary report cards at the bottom grinning big. While the other boys in 3rd grade wrote about wanting to be firefighters, police officers or maybe even the president when they grow up. David's I'm sure in a scribbled hurried sentence wrote.
I WANT TO BE A DAD. 

 
A few weeks ago I received this text from a friend of mine who was working the Father/Daughter dance at the gym. I re-read it several times, wiping my tears and swiping my touch screen, going back for more. 
 

After watching all these dads dance with babies I can't help but feel happy. Then I couldn't help but watch your baby daddy dance and I now know why you guys are perfect for each other. He is you in a male body or you are him in female body! Needless to say I hope my David and I can be as simply put together as you two are years down the road!
 
Thank you Gracie, and as you saw that night he is a much smoother dancer than I am!  YOU and your David are already ahead of the game. Only 13 months into parenthood and y'all don't sweat the small stuff, instead you enjoy them. Hard lesson to learn.....I give you an A plus.   

 
Well the kids have woken up and have found me, my quiet time for the day is done. I didn't even have a chance to be mushy or clever about how much I love you and appreciate you.
 Oh well, you would prefer it that way. 
 

 
Happy Valentines Day Honey!
Thank you for always listening to me
 providing for me
 understanding me
 encouraging me
 forgiving me
and loving me
 with ALL your heart.
I love you to farthest Nike outlet and back.
OJBP   
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 



 

2 comments:

  1. This one makes me just as happy as I was watching all those daddy's. When Riley gets old enough to go to daddy/daughter dances and I am not longer alllowed to work them, Im sending you in my secret spy :)

    ReplyDelete