Tuesday, March 3, 2015

An Umbrella of Love
Day 115-Year 3
Team Zybko
March 3, 1015


1 Corinthians 10:13


No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.



While I will never claim to be an artist I will always claim to be a child of God. This verse from 1 Corinthians came up during some quiet time with the Lord the other morning. From the very first time I read these words a few years ago I can't help but picture temptation as a terrible storm of some sort. Raining, sleeting and blowing down on us in every direction 24/7. 

As we walk outside, as we sit, as we think and as we go about our day in this world. I panic, I get short of breath, I can not do this on my own. Do not worry my child. Read on, believe on and walk on, with the Lord. He provides, He always does. As the verse continues I am given the opportunity to grab an umbrella for protection, handed to me by my God.  A supernatural, strong, unfailing, faithful, can't buy at any store, not seen on T.V kinda umbrella.  

To simplify my faith on a dollar store 4x6 index card with eraser marks and a small coffee stain would be, um be simple.
But to be honest, that is where I am. That is where I stand. Imperfect as my drawing, peeking out under the edge even though I know better as I am pulled back to the warm safety of your Word.
Thank you God.....for everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment