Saturday, March 21, 2015

Hospitality Done Right
Day 121-Year 3
Team Zybko
March 21, 2015


Hospitality. When it is right its right. Coming in a variety of colors, shapes and sizes, just like people. Sincere hospitality that manifests from the heart pays no attention to financial limits, time restraints or square footage to offer. Mostly all of us are all capable to extend invitations and open the doors to our home yet at times we don't when we could and should. Maybe it seems like too much trouble, maybe it would cramp your style or maybe you think your place is not clean or fancy enough. Blah Blah Blah....excuse babble is what I hear.

During our last break from real life I was spoiled with love beyond measure by truly giving households and special people in my life. Some I knew better than others. Hopping around from welcoming home to welcoming home like a modern gypsy in yoga pants and travel sized soap. A night here, and a night there all added up quickly. After a week and a half of; thank you for letting us stay, I became pretty efficient at packing up the families stuff in preparation of the nest destination.

Folding up essential blankies, wiping down shampoo bottles wet out of the shower and packing my travel coffee press up quickly. Proud of my record time, 8 minutes flat, does not include coffee drinking time.

Here we are, already heading strong into the middle of the 3rd month of the year. The first quarter of 2015 seems to be rushing by quickly, with a numbered bib pinned to each week as if in a race of some sort.

How do the days fly off the fridge calendar so quickly? I. Do. Not. Know. The neatly stacked pile of thank you notes remain mostly blank, sitting quietly in a cozy nook on my kitchen counter.

Embarrassingly Delinquent. Mental note #1; add this to my ongoing lists of possible band names. Mental note #2; learn to sing and play guitar.

So, in lieu of good ole fashioned pen and paper like my mother taught me, I must the give a digital shout out to cool guy and his family.

He didn’t hesitate when we asked if we could crash his place last minute.

He didn’t flinch when we told him our ETA was 5am.

He didn’t mind being displaced as he gave up his sleeping arrangements.

He happily offered the food from his own fridge and pantry to us hungry travelers. Surely the fresh was not bought with us in mind but rather his own family.

He gladly gave up his morning to reminisce and inquire about our lives.

He wife even offered me the sweater off her back  from her closet.

ANYTHING WE NEEDED
ANYTHING HE HAD
HE WAS WILLING TO GIVE

Eddie, thanks for being so awesome, so given and so YOU!
Your hospitality made a big impact on me.

Remember, if you are ever in the Charlotte area, let me know, you always have a place to stay dude!


No comments:

Post a Comment