Wednesday, March 4, 2015

BLOG TIME HOP


A New Teen in the House
Happy Birthday Delaney 
Day 116-Year 3
Team Zybko
March 5, 2014



I surely should have been doing something more constructive. Anything, really anything other than what I was doing but instead I allowed myself a 20 minute Wal-Mart break before the day even got rolling. Dishes, laundry, home schooling and a slew of other tasks needed my attention yet I just couldn't help it. Something heavier weighed me down as my second cup of coffee lifted me up and started kicking in. 

So instead of chores I sit at the computer to search out old Birthday blogs. There can't be more than a few, man I wish I started writing my feelings down earlier. That's OK, I am on a mission to find and devour what ever I can get my hands on. Despite knowing what was to come I scroll and read, scroll and read as my stomach anxiously tangles itself into a huge ball of knots. Tugging at my heart strings I silently shake my head wondering why I continue to force feed memories and tough mom emotions. A new chain of warm tears on my cheeks help to clear my thoughts. I know, cause wrapped up in those four years of birthday posts is the good stuff, the double stuffed stuff, the stuff that makes life grand. I linger past my allotted time happy to have them saved forever on the world wide web. 
  
A year has passed. A whole year. A maturing year. A growing year. A year that can never be replayed or changed. She has hit that year. The first teenage year. Her birthday is tomorrow. 

Happy Birthday Delaney. 

Second verse same as the first. I am thankful to be your mom and proud as punch to watch you grow. My math isn't great but even I can do a little subtraction late at night. Only 5 more posts til college. Let's make the most of it! Cupcakes for breakfast. Yes, I love you that much :)



2011-Delaney turns 9

http://justawomanwithasharpie.blogspot.com/2011/03/365-random-days-of-team-zybko-day-29.html

2012-Delaney turns 10

http://justawomanwithasharpie.blogspot.com/2012/03/365-random-days-of-team-zybko-day-104.html

2013-Delaney turns 11

http://justawomanwithasharpie.blogspot.com/2013/03/365-random-days-of-team-zybko-day-335.html

2014-Delaney turns 12

http://justawomanwithasharpie.blogspot.com/2014/03/happy-12th-birthday-delaney-love-your.html

No comments:

Post a Comment