Tuesday, June 5, 2012

365 RANDOM DAYS OF TEAM ZYBKO
DAY #153
JUNE 5TH 2012
SAND, SAND.....IT'S EVERYWHERE!




At the end of the day how do you know 
you have given it your all as a parent?
110%
Well, this can be a tough question.
Different moms equal different standards.
Different days may produce varied results.
Different activities require a range of energy output.



After a day of way too hot fun in the sun and hours at the beach
well, that's an easy day to evaluate.
Did I give my every ounce an bit of energy and love I had?
Although easy to grade myself after a test day like these,
 It really can't be done until I'm naked.


Tired an worn out, it's at least midnight by now. I peel off my one piece soccer mom cut, no frills Speedo suit. Not to high around the rear and not too low in the front. I cannot I repeat cannot afford a wardrobe malfunction at my age, well at least before an expensive surgery that is. All I know is a shower is going to feel like heaven. Kitty Hawk sand
has found itself where is had not cordially been invited.
No RSVP necessary.

As the water heats up I begin to peel off my old lady suit. The bathroom is barely lit, most lights are off. I like it this way as I wish I was already in my dark happy sleeping place. 
Completely exhausted but no way could I get between the sheets this nasty. I just need to quickly get the layer of beach off my body. Water is now good to go. The perfect temperature.
Just then an odd bunch of sumpin' sumpin' falls out of my boob area and onto my feet.





A thin layer of  smuggled across state lines sand now covers the tile floor. Bummer. I just cleaned it like 18 hours ago, right before we left the house. I smile anyway as I reluctantly bend over to retrieve the days worth of 
Zybko family treasure off the sandy floor.  

a crab leg
 trash from a few bank lollipop's
 some smelly seaweed pieces
  a partly eaten chewy bar
and
 a half dozen really special
please mom don't loose these kinda shells

Mostly from Delaney who always picks up the un-rare ones
The ones that resemble Ruffles Potato Chips.
Salt and vinegar with the ripples, her favorite.    




Thankful again for my full coverage beach wear. I'm super positive an itsy bitsy teeny weeny yellow polka dot bikini cannot double as a vending machine and storage unit.
My very well used suit gets tossed in the corner and the wrappers in the trash. Shells will get to their rightful owners but not until tomorrow.




A hundred feet of sand dunes is a ton of sand.



and steep


Brothers.....bro-ing out.






LA LA makes a pit stop for some artwork time




Looks like cinnamon sugar to me


Help up from a sand angel


 
Hard to see the actual beauty

.


The crew



Oh snap, that's a long way down for little legs.


Can't believe no one wiped out.

Running back up was the hard the hard part.
Bryson takes a well deserved break....on David's lap.



Hang ten dude.

Some rides went better than others


Face plant and eating a sand-wich


Hunter checking out the home made ramp.


Did I mention it was like climbing back up 10 stories




I volunteered to stay put. 
Comfortable right where I was. 
I was happy to catch the action shots from the bottom. 




 We all thought this cute little lady was totally gonna bite it  as she ran down uncontrollably. Giggling in Japanese the entire time. 

Close your mouth. They learned this the hard way. 


Tiny clumps of dried sand, my favorite.

Sarah kept at it.
Over and over again until she was happy with a picture she could use as her profile picture.



The scantron sheets have been graded.
Kids get an A plus for our field trip to the sand dunes day.
After I painfully comb my knotty hair and Q-tip the sand out of my ears I will start making plans for next years visit.
More sunscreen, water and boogie boards on the list. 

No comments:

Post a Comment