Wednesday, June 27, 2012

365 RANDOM DAYS OF TEAM ZYBKO
DAY #169
JUNE 27th,  2012
 T MINUS 3 DAYS
MINNESOTA OR BUST

June 2012. Already the end of the month. We have been out of school for almost a month now. These days are long and equally enjoyable. Squeezing in last minute late night fun and packing clothes, games and school supplies through cloudy eyes. Busy, busy busy tying up loose ends before Saturday. It's a little difficult to concentrate at the task at hand. My old sleepy eyes are like unpredictable, unstoppable water fountains.
Happy, sad, excited, sad again, nostalgic, stressed, happy again and wait a minute...sad again. Being a girl has left me drained and craving sweets more than ever. Whew, being an emotional roller coaster is as exhausting as runing a half marathon with a kid strapped to your back. Shoot, that has proved easier to me and others around me than being a crazy nut with mixed feelings showing all over my face. I really thought I was done being a big fat baby about the whole moving thing but I guess I was wrong. Or maybe I was ok with it until the lastest curve ball was thrown our way.
Plan was.... stay through summer.
Alright.
Cool.
Three more months for the house to sell, teach at the gym and of course I was thrilled for the little ones. The kids could spend the hottest days of the year jumping in and out of the pool with their besties, stopping only long enough for some sticky kinda snack or ice cream treat. Carefree, activity loaded days to report to out of town family members via this blog and the instant world of
 Face Book. 
A album clearly labeled
LAST DAYS IN FLORENCE TIME
Some would say this is simply prolonging the inevitable, like pulling off the bandaid super slow. I wasn't looking at it that way as I sharpied in extra classes at the gym, playdates and new story times on the fridge calendar. I was going with it. Living the Florence dream, one square at a time. Life was to resume and carry on as originally planned.

Baby Daddy's work plans changed and changed quickly. Recieving a call from Charlotte on Friday he was to report to Minnesota the following Tuesday for up to 6 months.
I'm sorry honey, did I hear you right?
Yes babe, in four days I will flying over the beautiful Great Lakes. The good news is the family gets to come with me.
Deep yoga like inhale as I quickly do some elementary research in the deep dark fourth grade corner of my brain. Whoa, was I absent that day? How far west is Minnesota? How high up? And most importantly to this southern girl who actually tolerates 100 degree temperatures and 8 billion percet humidity way better than being cold. And when I say cold, I mean I was at the park the other morning in my standard soccer mom uniform. Shelf bra tank, shorts and my trusty brown Rainbows. I had goose bumps as I pushed La La in the baby swing. Too lazy to go to the van for my back up sweatshirt I check my phone weather app instead.
Only 72 degrees. No wonder I'm cold.
Like I said I'm in a for a little eye opener to what cold really is.
BD has been and back already. During his 2 week initial stay he reports back to us that the place is beautiful. So much for you and the kids to do and the people....yes, sweatheart as nice as South Carolina peeps. Maybe just maybe he could read a lack of true excitement in my texting voice. I sigh in between sending any new messages. Thinking about it all. All the changes, the bandaid now being ripped off way faster than I thought it would be. A few seconds later the counter vibrates and the screen lights up and so does my face. I smile as I read the next text and enlarge the instantly sent picture with my thumb and index finger.

They have a Starbucks in the local Target.
Only a 20 minute scenic drive.
Right next to the Dairy Queen. 

I love that man, so put down my phone and start packing.
Homeschool stuff shoved into my favorite stackable sturdy bins. They have been in the family for years. The bins originally bought close to 20 years ago. The bins were first used to hold a make shift changing table. After that rows of oraganized can goods in our pantry. Then shoes in a crowded closet. Puzzles and games for a short time and last stop before a few days ago, soccer gear in the garage.
If these bins can switch purposes and loctations, so can I.
Anyway, haven't you ever heard that sayin'?

Home is where your rubbermaid containers are.    







No comments:

Post a Comment