Tuesday, September 11, 2012

365 Random Days of Team Zybko
Day # 207
September 11, 2012
John 1:4-5



I have been awake since 3:30am this morning, not by choice that's for sure. My alarm was set for many more hours of soccer mom beauty rest. After much tossing and turning I gave in and reluctantly pushed the button on the already filled, pre beaned coffee maker. It seemed to have grumbled as much I had only minutes before.

The house is quiet and dark. Perfect. Verses 1-7 in the book of John await me. As I grab my favorite green book I thank God for this alone time with him and politely ask Him not to forget me around 2pm when my third cup of joe finally wears off.

In the beginning was the Word
 and the Word was with God.....

These words are alive and ready to go. No snooze button in sight. Not a day in life when they are grumpy, sleepy or need more Starbucks in a fancy mug. No complaining going on, page #824 is wide eyed and bushy tailed just for me.

I read the same words over and over again. They are piping hot and brewed perfectly. I close my eyes to meditate and recite. While memorizing I always say Gods word out loud. Helps me think. I consciously use a baby indoor voice not to wake anyone. That would seriously not be good. I read with a borrowed book light from one of my kids school book so the four year old stow away at my feet isn't disturbed. I take a sip of strong coffee and smile despite the fact I need a refill already. Pretty sure I would break my neck in the cave like darkness while risking another trip to the Kitchen. The darkness is calming and just right as verses # 4 and 5 have way more impact and meaning this way.



In him was life,
and that life was the light of men.
The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has yet to understand it.



  


No comments:

Post a Comment