Tuesday, September 18, 2012


(To my Mom friends....4 year old Delilah is NOT practicing her multiplication tables at this point in time. Nor was this picture staged to look as if it was. Promise, I would never such a thing. She is proficient in Latin though I just couldn't find her current flash cards before leaving the house.)


365 Random Days of Team Zybko
Day #214
September 17th, 2012
Monkey See Monkey Do

Mom....Mom....Mom
Can I play your phone?
Can I play your phone?
Mom...Mom...Mom
Huh...Huh...Huh
Can I? Can I?

NO
NO
and NO!

When do you think I will get my own phone?

Never.



You aren't exactly done with your work.
Anyway, when it is time for a break
you should probably go play.
We are at one of our favorite parks.
It's a nice day to run around...dontcha know.

I'm done, can I go play now?
Yes honey.



Oh hey girl, sorry bout dat.
Yea, yea, yea it wasn't really a good time earlier.

What's up?
Uh huh, uh huh.....right.
No way!
Really?
Just like that?
CAH RAY ZEE
Tell me how you responded to that.
Hhhhhmmmm
OK OK gotcha. 
I have little ears listening so I will text you my
answer on that subject later.
 Gotta keep it PG ya know.

How was your trip last weekend?
WOW WOW WOW
Can't believe it.
Fun stuff and good times.  
So stinkin' awesome.
So totally can't wait to see the pictures on Face Book.
Whoop whoop.... 

This pretend conversation with her BFF went on for her entire mini school break. Other moms glanced over occasionally a bit worried I thought this was completely normal. Some kids thought she may be right up their alley and weird enough to wanna play with. I mean if she talked to an empty math box with such excitement, imagination world would be a slam dunk Grammy-ville in the girl fort. The smarter pocket protector types were jealous. Wow, she can actually communicate with #'s. Amazing.

La La, it's time to get back to school work.
Tell Evie bye-bye, you can call her later for real life after you complete the last ten pages of that Latin essay and refold your underwear drawer. Oh and give mommy another foot massage.

Where does she get this strange make believe behavior from?

OK mommy, let me just put my phone away.   



1 comment: