Friday, September 28, 2012



Missing Minnesota's Beauty
Living the Lessons Learned 
Day 162
October 11, 2013
Team Zybko


I have recently been reunited with my coffee mugs. This makes simple Victoria really happy. I tend to get attached to smallish items like this. Two of of my favorites are the ones that proudly display the state we lived in last year. They are sturdy and a little cheesy, perfect. When I sip from these cups the days spent far away from home come flooding back to me. It was beyond beautiful with so many new places and history to explore. Just the five of us. A half a year in the cold yet beautiful land the locals there call the Iron Range in Northern Minnesota. Looking back I know I spent a big part of my blogging time there complaining about cold toes, no Zumba and snow starting the first week of October but I did actually like and learn a lot from that chilly season.

1) When you carve out special time to meet with God, He will 100 percent of the time show up and meet you there with a smile.

2) Your kids DO NOT need to be signed up for every activity, team or club offered. They will enjoy the casual down time as much as you.

3) Public Libraries are wonderful, take advantage of what they have to offer.

4) No matter where you move to never give up on being yourself. Finding friends takes effort and time. Just act natural and smile a lot.

5) Keep extra clothes in the car for the kids. Outdoor adventures can sneak up on you. Be prepared.
(If you have a big enough vehicle, stash a plastic bin with a ready to go s'mores kit) thank me later.

6) Snail mail is awesome.

7) Ride bikes instead of driving.
Walk when you can't ride.
and skip every time you feel like it.

8) Keep your favorite verses close to you at all times through the day. Preferable in your heart but writing on your hand or index card is a good start.

9) Kiss your husband a lot.

10) Love and encourage your children with your words, actions and energy you give to them everyday. 

EXTRA) Practice your Minnesota accent. 
Dontcha know, you may need it one day. 

This was one of my favorite days spent exploring the beauty that Minnesota has to offer. I would go back in a heart beat. Of course this time with a butt warmer and my new camera lens. 






365 Random Days of Team Zybko
Day # 223
September 28th, 2012
If I Could Paint For a Day 
I Would Choose This One

































No comments:

Post a Comment