Friday, September 21, 2012


365 Random Days of Team Zybko
Day # 219
September 21st, 2012
The 70 Pound Bucky Beaver Fish





Regular social activity is a tad more limited here than what the kids are used to. Imagination games on the other hand seem to be flowing from their tiny brains, like refreshing cold spring water. 


So when Drex asked if he could fish off our balcony,
 I replied with out hesitation.

Sure, but we are starting school in about 15 minutes.
OK, mom. That's awesome. Just enough time
for me to catch a big one. Do you know how to skin a fish?

Um....no. 




This seven year old fishing enthusiast remained positive as the time quickly ticked on. Over and over again the casting net is pulled back up over the railing with no fish in sight. That's OK with him.
Drexel is a patient outdoor kinda guy. In his book, catching fun is still better than the first subject of the day. Daily journal, written in 2nd grade little boy handwriting awaits this pretend fisher dude. 


Drex is famous around these parts for asking weird nature questions. More frequently than not I wait for Baby Daddy to come home to find out the correct answer.
Not today buddy boy.
My fun brain was already wide awake and available on tap. 

So when Drex asked how he could find out
what it felt like to be a fish.

I replied with out hesitation.
Go on downstairs.
Let me check out how good my aim is. 
I bet I can get you in this crazy, cafeteria lady, hair net fishy thing. 



Long story short, I turned out to be a pretty decent 
 soccer mom fisher chic in my shark PJ's. I caught me a big one.



He would have made a fine dinner but
 unfortunately none of us eat seafood.

 

After my 70 pound fish brushed his bucky beaver teeth he sat nicely behind his stack of school books. No complaints as he described on wide ruled paper with a #2 pencil just how great the fishing in Minnie soda is. 




No comments:

Post a Comment