Saturday, June 14, 2014



Go JUMP in a Lake!
Day 15-Year 3
June 14, 2014
Team Zybko

Some people don't like heights or snakes or spinny rides or seafood or walking around bare footed. I don't know what your freaky deaky situation or phobia is but you got one. Yes you do. We all do. Everyone has something they avoid, are scared of, don't do or don't eat. 

Mine is swimming in lakes. I'm just not a big fan of submerging my body in slimy murky water, where vision is limited, unable to see the strange creatures lurking under the surface. It's true, they are there and I've heard they eat wrinkly soccer moms. I have felt them nibbling before, super scary. 

I was a pool kid. Raised in and around a big body of chlorinated water, built in cement ladders and frozen Charleston Chews from the concession stand bought from change found in the family couch. Not muddy bottom lakes, floating docks, drifting leaves and the smell of rotting fish swirling about the hot summer air. 

Today was different. 
Today was awesome.
Today I put my fears aside and went with the current of the waves made from far away tubing boats. 
Loosing my cheap sunglasses to Lake Wylie was totally worth the $4.96 I paid for them a year ago.
Today I felt like a kid.
Today was a great lake day!      


No comments:

Post a Comment