Wednesday, June 11, 2014


God Provides 
Sometimes Sooner than Later
Day 13-Year 3
June 11, 2014
Team Zybko

It will certainly sound like a made up story but it's not, promise, scouts honor. After a quick walking trip to Aldi with a big carry-all stroller, 2 kids and one scooter we took an impromptu break to smell the roses. I sat crossed legged, super comfortable and content, my bum balanced on the hard curb watching the kids play in the hot sun. The loading dock area wasn't exactly the most idea area to practice balance and break work on the old scooter but it would do, it was what we had, no complaints about the  unexpected pleasant recess. While Drex eagerly waited his turn I thought about how nice it would be to have 2 of these cheapy metal scooters. 

Hey Bud, remind me to look at Goodwill and some yard sales okay.


No more than 3 minutes later a man appeared out of nowhere, seriously, I didn't hear him approach or even see what direction he walked up from.

How ya doing today?
Great.
Do you want another one of those scooters so they each have one?
Uh, yeah, that would be nice.
My daughter has one she never rides. I will be right back. 


The conversation was only a mere 25 seconds long yet I seriously doubt I will ever forget it for many years to come. Nor would I  judge or base my happiness and joy in life on an extra $10 used recreational toy. Nope. I see it as more of a small gift and a gentle reminder. A reminder that God, the creator of the universe provides for us, knows what we need, big or small. He makes it happen, on His time. Sometimes it is way sooner than later. Others times, not so much. Be Patient and wait, He knows what you need. 



No comments:

Post a Comment