Wednesday, June 4, 2014



Shame on Me!
Preying on an Unsuspected Grandma
Day 7
June 4, 2014
Team Zybko

It wasn't fair and it certainly wasn't kind but I couldn't help myself. After all, the entertainment was free, I had my camera handy and a few relaxing sunny minutes to kill as the 2 little ones joyfully splashed around. I will say, this grandma was the best sport ever. So intent on watching her grandchild she had no clue about the world outside their happy swimsuit bubble or the many, many gallons of water soon to fall upon her. The same water which was frozen solid not too many months ago. Water not nearly heated up to a do-able temperature from the South Carolina sun for this wimpy soccer mom. Opening weekend at the YMCA water park. Unsuspected newbies flooded the kiddie zone with newly bought SPF, dry towels and blown up floaties. 

I saw it all coming. I could have warned her but I didn't. I know, shame on me. I'm really sorry. OK, that's probably not entirely true. I am sorta sorry enough to warn the next person if the opportunity comes up again. Maybe :) The Candid Camera 70's show lover got the best of me as I sat silently on the warm, dry deck with my camera set on auto focus. The waiting took forever, my conscience keep kicking me hard in the gut, relentlessly bruising the tender area around my one piece Nike short covered bikini line. With fingers in my ears like a 2nd grader, I held steady and strong, repeating over and over again....
I can't hear you...la la la...I can't hear you....la la la. 
  
Drip, drip, drip as the giant bucket slowly fills up.
Happy smiles from grandma as she enjoys the pre-summer day.
Drip, drip, drip......
Smile, smile, smile..... 
Drip, drip, drip.....
Smile, smile, smile....

Then BAM. 
All the sudden it happened. 
Within seconds the over sized container was completely empty, already working hard to fill up for the next round.
The grandma was totally cool with it. Once she wiped her face and began breathing through her nose again she thought it was hilarious. As you have already guessed, I did too!

The second round on the same grandma was even funnier.
The third time was unfortunately spoiled as she suddenly remembered the old saying....third times a charm....looking up she saw it coming. Much to my chagrin she fled the foot and half deep scene in the nick of time.

 Afterwards, I did the right thing in one long run on breathy exhaled sentence. I strolled over calf deep and told her what a great attitude she had about laughing at herself and enjoying special time with her granddaughter, I admitted it was a little creepy to have stalked her and of course all evidence caught on my Nikon will be destroyed forever. 

Yep, that is how it went down in the end. Before tuning to go and packing the leftover cheese puffs, I smiled an equally cheesy grin and informed her I had some ocean front property in Arizona if she was interested. Happy Summer vacation people.   






















No comments:

Post a Comment