Tuesday, March 27, 2012

365 RANDOM DAYS OF TEAM ZYBKO
DAY #27
03/02/11
MORPHIN' WITH STYLE


In the 90's we had stacks and bins of VHS tapes, mostly kid movies. Time flies, I know, but it seems like only yesterday I was standing in line at Roses, buying my first Disney movie ever.
Toy Story, the original.
Still to this day my #1 favorite pick, well maybe.... it's definitely up there with Finding Nemo.
Just keep swimming
Just keep swimming
Just keep swimming
Thanks Dory, you have pushed me through many triathlons with those 3 simple motivating words.
Amongst the sweet stories of Bambi and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang were also many, many Power Ranger videos.



You shouldn't let your kids watch those.
They are to scary.
Too violent.
Your kids will mimic the bad guys.
Maybe even join local gangs as teenagers.

I ignored them ALL and went with my gut.
My super insightful Mother's intuition.
A six sense if you will.
OK, that might not really maybe sort of not be the WHOLE truth.
The truth is.......I could totally move mountains while those high energy, primary colored suited, over paid actors ran around town fighting evil. Twenty eight and half minutes of wash, dishes, paper work....maybe even a shower....with leg and pit shaving....whoo hoo!
GO, GO POWER RANGERS!
Where is that remote? Push play kids!


So far, so good with the older kids. No bandannas worn around their heads or hanging out the left side. No fights at the High School or reported bullying.



I eventually got smart, figured out how that huge clunky TV/VCR combo thing worked and set it to auto rewind. The Math is easy, 57 straight minutes. I could even read my People magazine in peace. Don't judge, they were desperate times. So it appears after watching each episode more than 50 times, good news.
NO HARM
NO FOUL
NO SIDE AFFECTS
Well, maybe just one little tiny baby one.


The desire to spend $60 of a hard earned McDonald's paycheck on a MORPH suit.
And..... the desire to go in public with it.
More than once or twice......or maybe even go skiing down a crowded slope wearing it.



This Power Ranger wears Nike's while he fights crime.


This red suited guy is comfortable in his own skin. He uses his valuable, super hero time to pick up trash and play soccer with some local kids.





I no longer have a People subscription and that once useful remote is no where to be found.
To all you Mom 'nay-sayers' back in late 90's.
I just wanna say.......well,never mind I might offend someone. I do know this Mom gig can be tough and telling the future is of course, impossible. For now though, I will hold my breath and.....

Just keep swimming
Just keep Swimming
Just keep swimming
















No comments:

Post a Comment