Monday, March 5, 2012

365 Random Days of Team Zybko
Day #104
March 5th, 2012
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DELANEY GRACE
These fluffy white trees are B E A utiful! I like the way they POP against a rich, deep blue Spring sky. Pretty, pretty, pretty. Lights up a yard, bringing much needed color after a dreary winter. Does anyone else think they look like giant swirls of cotton candy? Maybe it's just me. I like cotton candy.
I have never pretended to be a soccer mom with a green thumb but I can show off one simple fact about these apparently hardy, white trees. I know exactly when they are going to bloom. Well at least the week anyway. Ten years ago was first time I even noticed them, March 8th 2002 to be exact.
Having just arrived home from the hospital with a fresh newborn I decide to take a walk. Outside air would do me good and I totally wanted to try out our new stroller. It was brand new. I too was a brand new mom again, after an 8 year recess. The 3 older stooges were in school and Baby Daddy was.....well I don't really remember but I was by self, just little squeaky Delaney and me. Doctor had recommended a little sunlight to help with a pretty common newborn problem. Yellow-I-Tuss. Well, at least that's what they call it here in the South Cackalacky. Still on a new baby HIGH I was floating down the street as the smooth wheels rolled along the pavement. I may be exaggerating but I might have been whistling and skipping. No, probably not skipping but I do remember everything looked fresh and new. God's creations all around me, including my new favorite gift from God 12 inches past the handle of the fancy new stroller handle. I was so thankful and happy. No different than today. Still thankful and happy that God choose me to be Delaney's momma.
The alarm beeped at me to get up at 5:55 this morning. About the same time a decade ago Baby Daddy and I were headed to the hospital to be induced. Me, not him. We knew even back then that March 5th would be the date I would hold her for the first time. To meet the little booger who kept me sick for almost the entire 40 weeks of pregnancy.
All the photo albums packed away in storage for the upcoming move. No baby pictures to scan and share. My computer pictures only go back a few years but I did find this gem from my sister. It's a long story why her cousin is not so happy but my sister and I laugh about this scene periodically.
On a recent trip to the zoo Delaney borrowed my shoes to try out this really cool obstacle course. I wore her Rainbows for an hour or so. My Nikes looked pretty good on her. Oh no, she really is growing up. I know this is how it works but it doesn't make it easier to be caught up and emotionally attached through the process. If I had a BIRTHDAY wish I would most certainly use it to go back in time. Back to walking down Dunes Drive a mere ten years ago in the warmest of sunshine. I Probably wouldn't do anything different, I suppose I just want to stop time for a minute, an hour, a day.
While teaching class today my mind totally wandered and I forget to cue the next move. A move to a song I have danced to a hundred times. It's happened before, no big deal, life goes on. This time however is different. I completely have checked out of my current where abouts. Don't know the any moves or even what song is playing. I have stopped dancing, I look to my front row to help me out.
Catherine bails me out, temporarily leading the class.
My classes know me well, they know I able to laugh at myself......alot. I wasn't laughing today, I do admit into the headset that I was thinking about Delaney and her birthday. I've heard about people seeing their lives flash right before them. Not my life but hers.
I rush home anxious to wish her happy birthday with a big ole momma bear hug. I hope she is still asleep, she expects a special lit up treat delivered to her bunk bed. No singing necessary, she is the singer. Happy Birthday Delaney, we are all so proud of the young lady you have become.

No comments:

Post a Comment