Saturday, December 10, 2011

365 Random Days of Team Zybko


Day #70


December 11th 2011


THANKSGIVING at the BEACH



"EXPECT GREAT THINGS FROM GOD.


ATTEMPT GREAT THINGS FOR GOD."



Look around. We owe it to God to try and be good. We do. I'm not so great at at times. I can be a really lazy child of God. I can make just about any excuse in the morning to hit snooze, forfeiting my quiet time in the Word before the kids find me. That's rotten really. I know it. My nightly prayers are often cut short to check Face Book or ahem...to blog or something really not more important compared to talking with God. I think this is normal. I think. Yea, I'm normal. I hear from other moms about this challenge too.


House duties


Kid duties


Work duties


Wife duties


Friend duties


duties, duties, duties


I say "duties"


God says "distractions"


Well for me, there is no other vacation place on earth that makes me feel the love of God like the beach. I love it. The miles and miles of water and the sand between my toes. Wet sand, hot sand, castle building sand and the crunchy on the outside kinda sand. Swishy, rhythmical sounds of the surf and the bright sun. Warms and nurtures my soul. It puts me in check. So many of Gods creations, right there before my eyes.







DAY #1


And God said,


"Let there be light"



Day #2


And God said,


"Let there be an expanse between the waters to separate water from water."



And it was so.


God called the expanse "sky"



Day #3


And God said


"Let the water under the sky be gathered to one place, and let dry ground appear"


And it was so.


God called the dry ground "land"


and the gathered waters he called "seas"



Then God said


"Let the land produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds."




Day#4


And God said


"Let there be lights in the expanse of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark seasons and days and years, and let them be lights in the expanse of the sky to give light on the earth."



Day #5

And God said

"Let the water teem with living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the expanse of the sky."





"Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the water in the seas, and let the birds increase on the earth."







Day #6

And God said

"Let the land produce living creatures according to their kinds: livestock, creatures that move along the ground, and wild animals, each according to it's kind."



Then God said

"Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."


(We missed you Diane. We loved playing around with you Rowan, Deacon and J.W)


Day #7

By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work. And God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it he rested from all the work of creating that he had done.


Thank you you grandma and grandpa for a week at the beach.

What a wonderful way to spend Thanksgiving.

Family

Friends

relaxation

and

God's creations.



This picture had to be snuck through a slightly dirty window. I just couldn't resist this sweet couple watching the morning sky as they wait for th coffee to brew. This past October marks 52 years of marriage for them. Thank you Mr. and Mrs. Zybko. Thank you for the vacation, your son and always setting such a good example.

No comments:

Post a Comment