Wednesday, December 28, 2011

365 Random Days of Team Zybko

Day #75

December 28th 2011

REDNECK FIRE PIT

My phone vibrates the kitchen counter with a incoming text.

It's from Dylan, sent via his new IPhone from the front yard.

This may seem lame but he was also watching Drexel so I completely understood.

It read;

Fire is ready

Sweet... bringing the dogs out now

Mom, I love this phone more than I could love a human baby

Of course you do Dylan

No, really mom, it's the best thing that's ever happened to me

LOL

Do you even know what this phone can do?

:)

There is an APP for anything you would ever need

DYLAN! I WILL SEE YOU IN 9 SECONDS DUDE!


I'm not really sure why I actually keep texting back.

2 minutes of my life I will never be refunded.

MOM? MOM? MOM?

ARE YOU STILL HOME?

??????




It wasn't particularly cold this fire pit night. Ya think this would have killed the mood. Nope. Even better in my book. No need for mittens or the actual fire itself. Plus the many trips to the S'mores table to get my 'fixins' didn't leave me frozen.



Two kinds of people in this world.

One who lights a MALLOW on fire just to light the MALLOW on fire

and the people who

actually eat the unique tasting, crispy on the outside, gooey on the inside sweet treat.

Drexel is......

drum roll please......

yep, you guessed it......

THE FIRE GUY!

Look up boy in the dictionary.

A picture of him, I swear.

Boys like fire. He collects sticks from everywhere we go.

Soccer fields.

Parking lots.

Neighbors yards.

Even the dump.

99% of the time my Church van has a pile of these hand picked gems. Usually dumped in a pile directly behind the drivers seat. They can sit for many days, unaware of their fate.

Mom? Mom? Mom? When is the next time we are doing a fire pit night?


He 'cooked' me roughly 56 perfectly burnt mallows. This is the kinda mother I am. I ate all of them. No way, are you kidding me. Most were thrown over my shoulder as I declared

LOOK A SHOOTING STAR!

The sky was very active.

How come come you are the only one to see them?

Diane jumps in for support. I think I saw one too Big Man, keep looking.


The picture of this one was priceless. I can't recall why this special gift to his favorite mother was no longer on some sort of stick. Oh no, his hand. Are you serious right now. I of all people know where those hands have been. Do I really need to eat this one?

His smiles. Flashing me his one dimple and six year bucky beaver grown up teeth. If that wasn't enough, the slobber on his chin seals my fate. I know the drool was an indication on how hard he worked. Concentrating so hard to cook this mallow just right for me.

I look up at the heavens, mutter something about baby Jesus and lower my head to eat the mallow right out of his hand. Oh my shooting stars. And yes, that IS the kinda mom I am.







If you have never seen the movie "Sandlot" I highly recommend you rent it, borrow it or Netflix it. Nice family movie. You will never make another S'more in your life with out quoting this classic. YOUR KILLIN' ME SMALLS!

Next time you see Diane, ask her about it. She can literally recite the entire mallow dialogue.



Thank you Daniel Lowder for the camp side music. #48 on my bucket list.

Learn how to play the guitar for this very reason.






As I lay in bed that night, I twirl and pick out knots from my long tired hair. A particularly difficult spot demands my attention. Events of our fun fire pit time swirl around my brain. I keep working on the sticky clump. Hhhhmm.... mushy and white.




I pick up my IPhone and text Dylan. Oh yea, I do know what this phone can do. He would be horrified I got marshmallow on my touch screen but well worth it.

R U still awake?

Yes ma'am

Can you bring me the baby wipes?

Sure...

:)

LUV U

DILL? DILL? DILL?

2 minutes of his life he will never get back.








































1 comment:

  1. Love this story. Love the memories you are making with your family. Happy New Year!

    Cousin Val in New Jersey

    ReplyDelete