Saturday, February 25, 2012

365 RANDOM DAYS OF TEAM ZYBKO
Day #98
FEBRUARY 25th, 2012
HOME SCHOOL RECESS
Lunch and Recess. My two favorite subjects. Oh, wait I forgot PE. My three best-est subjects.
Half way through school on this extra warm February day, I ring the bell for lunch. This teacher is hungry and ready for a break. Unfortunately the nanny is behind on a much needed food shopping trip, looks like left overs today. That's ok, at least our sunny lunch will be pool side. The kids have beaten me outside by a few minutes.
Not really sure where the bag of unused water balloons appeared from, but alliances and piles of ammo were already established by the time i came back out. Proud of their quick planning and work I choose to ignore the sneaky part of it all. Also thankful one of the three stooges has figured out how to tie those little boogers. I was running on low blood sugar as it was, fastening 50 fully loaded water bombs was surely not on my to-do list at high noon.


Delaney and La-La thought this one through. They built a fort to take refuge in, solid walls made of broken boogie boards. These two little pigs were content just waiting for the big bad wolf.

And this big bad wolf could care less about being hit or getting wet. He knows his sisters well, he stacks his easy to throw cup of water with insect bullets.

Wish I could see Delilah's eyes in this picture. I would bet a life time supply of Oreo's she had her crazy eyes on. This little wanna be beauty queen has been known to flip a switch and go a little nuts, especially when chasing or wrestling with Drex.

80 degrees, giggly and soaking wet. Not a bad break from long division and spelling words. I put my camera down to eat one of the kids abandoned desserts. Just the very bottom of the ice cream cone is left, my very favorite part. Not much has changed since 1979. Except now in the year 2012, recess, PE and lunch are now part of my job description.

No comments:

Post a Comment