Friday, April 6, 2012

365 RANDOM DAYS OF TEAM ZYBKO
DAY #112
April 5th 2012

BLIND LOVE


My sweet on the inside seven year old finds me within seconds of waking up, every morning. Like a Junior Navy Seal or something, he has got me tracked. I don't mind of course. What momma would? Although often times he catches my sleepy unsteady feet off guard. With the force of a Mack truck he bear hugs me. Wraps his arms around me so tightly I have trouble breathing, his big ole Zybko head hitting me square in the boobs. I mean stomach. I'm still in pajamas, no standard day undergarments in place yet. Changes geography of parts just a little. OK, TMI. Sorry. 



I tell him with a huge grin,
"Drex, I think you got taller over night!"
With his eyes still swollen shut from the sand man he replies,
"And I think you got prettier!"


Those simple sweet words made me warmer than my strong cup of freshly brewed Starbucks. The love time is perfectly brief, lasts only under a minute, that's ok, he has got boy things to do.
Next snapshot is of him streaking across the dining room to his bin of clean clothes in the laundry room. Stopping briefly to make little goofy faces in the reflection of the stainless steel table. And no way am I deleting this gem, going in a computer file for future use, titled....
SENIOR PAGE. 

No comments:

Post a Comment