Tuesday, April 10, 2012



365 Random Days OF Team Zybko
Day #114
April 9th 2012
My Three Girls


Time marches on, whether you want it to or not.
That's ok.
You can't keep em little forever, it just doesn't work that way.
I watch.
My three favorite girls take the hike through the soft, hot sand to mark our spot.
I'm content.
Just doesn't get any better than this for a momma.
Witnessing your babies becoming 
a big girl, a young lady and a full grown woman.
A wave of pride washes over me.
I'm as warm as the sunshine caressing my back.
I fight back happy tears as they seem to grow with each step they take on the shifting sand below their feet.


The females of the family make up a Zybko Burger, so to speak.
The oldest. Top bun.
The middle. Meat and potato chips.
The baby. Baby bottom bun.

At times it's hard for strangers to tell who is who of the group.
It drives top bun a little loopy when servers at a restaurant mistake us for sisters. I naturally soak it all up and pretend they really meant it. That's cool with me, so a feel good compliment costs me 20 percent. Um, yes...totally worth it.

The meat and potato chips is starting to look around first before holding my hand in public. Really? Already? Ouch.

Baby bottom bun, well I can still hold her little pudgy hands, anytime, anywhere. She barely lets go these days.
(Unless Di-Di is home, then is game over for this sentimental lady. Mommy who?) 
I cherish these tight grip squeezes as I know the next stage is a quick blink away. Been there, know the process.    


Good thing I really love burgers. I tried being a vegetarian once, I lasted til noon.
 Add some cheese, ketchup, bacon and the boys of the family and that....my friend
 is the perfect meal for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment