Tuesday, May 8, 2012

365 RANDOM DAYS OF TEAM ZYBKO
DAY # 131
NEW COUSIN VISIT
MAY 6th, 2012

 
The exciting countdown began two and a half months ago. Shortly after his birth the younger kids were already planning a trip to meet him. Within minutes of the exciting news via the old fashion hospital room phone Delilah had already asked me 100 times.....
Can I hold him mommy? Can I hold him mommy? 



ELI JAMES
is the first little baby for my big brother Andy and his wife Andrea. Well, he wasn't exactly little, he came out looking like a 3 month old at almost TEN pounds. This first time pregnant momma ate well and stayed active and fit her entire pregnancy. Yea, one of those. Couldn't even tell she was with baby until she turned around. I used to like her. HA!

This is not my first rodeo as an Aunt. Baby Eli proudly takes the spot as the 25th grand baby on the Condit side. Our roots are strong, we take our Catholic breeding duties very seriously. 
I can't really explain why I become a slightly obsessed
Aunt Vicky this time around. Maybe because they waited such a long time to start a family. None of  my biz-nass, I know. Just for the record though we were all totally talking behind your back and taking bets.
No way, they won't take the plunge.
They like to travel too much.
What a shame, they would make such good parents.
 I giggle a little to myself while shaking my head slowly from side to side.
What's so funny Vic?
Oh nothing, I reply. 
 I secretly wonder where the energy will come from. Becoming a first time Dad at almost 44. Makes my head hurt and my creaky, slightly younger knees creak.
 Andrea, I really do still like you a lot despite your ability to fit back into your jeans only weeks after labor....SO
I will not publicly throw you under the age bus.
And I'm very sorry about that one comment. Eli's head really is the perfect size for his body. Must have been a weird angel or something. 




Both his parents are super chill. Going with the flow, fun, please others over themselves kinda people. Big creamy juicy baby, the same way. Being passed from one Team Zybko member to the next was a-okay with this newborn.


Even pants on the head was cool with Eli. 


Those cheeks. Couldn't get enough of them. Seriously eatable. I thought about asking the new momma bear if I could chew on them, just once or twice. Changed my mind as I thought this might freak her out a bit and cause her to leave early. That was not an option. Having ten tiny fingers and toes and a set of pink sometimes nervous baby lips in the house was a joy.

I have to admit I was by far the biggest baby hog of them all. Giving Andrea's arms a break while eating was no sacrifice. I could eat later, I'm not blowing over anytime soon. My baby is 4 and half years old and doesn't smell nearly as good, even after a good ole ring around the tub cleaning. One could make millions to bottle the scent of a newborns neck, my favorite part of a baby, can't get enough. 
Baby Daddy shares my love of these miniature humans for sure. Getting his time in holding Eli was so sweet for me to witness, bringing back a ton of memories. His bear paw hands always bigger than a third of their small bodies. One of my favorite things about Baby Daddy, hands down, his bigger than life hard working hands. Thrilled a few of our kids received the genes necessary to duplicate these gems.       


Being a first time parent is tough. Not knowing what to expect, lack of sleep and on the job training can create some issues. Not for these kitty kats. They seem to have most of the kinks ironed out. Working together as a couple, completely smitten with their new gift from God. Andrea has tapped into a maternal side she might not have even known she had. A natural. You are doing such a great job with my nephew and the kids newest cousin. A+ to you sis-in-law. You are a glowing new Mom. Welcome to the sometimes crazy club. Really glad you joined.



New daddy Andy's only complaint.
 Not enough hours in the day.

For kisses that is.

Vic, I got a problem. I can't stop kissing my little booger. At least 300 times a day.

Aaaawwwwwww

Baby duties were shared by this newborn couple. Changing diapers, hooking in the car seat, getting baby to sleep. Whatever needed to be done. They had each others back, like a love triangle. Refreshing and beautiful to see. Thank you guys for making the long trip down to South Cackalacky.
Come back nah Y'hear. 

1 comment:

  1. Aww, what a cute baby! My parents were first time parents at 39 and I have a coworker who had a baby at 40 so it's not as uncommon now (for the dad especially). Love all the pics!

    Amy Lauren

    ReplyDelete