Wednesday, May 30, 2012

365 RANDOM DAYS OF TEAM ZYBKO
DAY # 150
MAY 31ST, 2012
HAND WRITTEN LOVE

Thank you Miss S for loving Drexel for who he is.
Thank you  for your dedication to the children of St. Anthony's.
Thank you for hours spent teaching and encouraging Drexel.
Thank you taking the time to write, stamp and send this letter.




Dear Mr. and Mrs. Zybko,

Thank you for allowing Drexel to participate in First Grade CCD this year. Your commitment to giving him a firm foundation in our Catholic faith is a wonderful thing.
Although I love all the children in our class it seems as if every year one or sometimes two stand out and become my favorite. This year it was Drexel. He is just so cool! I love his fashion sense and creativity.

I tried to stand by Drexel at our prayer circle because he knows the new Act of Contrition. He pretty much led the class until we all got it. Drexel seems pretty mellow but once I saw him get in another child's face. It floored me until I realized his finger pointing and stern face and earnest words were putting a stop to that child's teasing another student. Drexel is my hero!



(Birthday Card from Delaney to Drex)
God has a plan for your amazing child. Drexel is going to do great things. I won't be surprised by "Dr. D" curing people and spreading Christ's love throughout the world!

Have a blessed summer. I am so sad I won't have the opportunity to co-teach Delilah one year. Delaney was a treat, Drexel too.
May God watch over you and guide you.
Charlotte's gain is definitely Florence's loss.

                                        Yours in Christ,
                                      Miss "S" 


I seriously have no recollection of my one year old being so short, fat and bowlegged. I do remember his extra large head and the fact he always had a stick or a rock in his hand.  





Six years later he has traded his old fashion Stride Rite walking shoes in for hand me down Crocks.
His weapon of choice is now a Nerf bow and arrow. Trying out his new wet suit in the middle of January his face seems just as intense. Good news about his head, it does appear to have shrunk. Or maybe his body finally caught up. 



No comments:

Post a Comment