Monday, May 21, 2012


365 Random Days of Team Zybko
Day # 142
Sketti Sauce Makin' Day
May 21, 2012


One of the few dinners I can make without a recipe. Spaghetti sauce, spaghetti sauce and more sketti sauce. A big batch finds it fate made into an array of different dinners. Not gourmet by any means but it gets the job done. Two huge pots, some cheap cans of tomato sauce and few hours of stir on demand time and viola!
 Always worth the time and effort.



I crank up the heat on the 2 big front burners.
10:00am. It's go time.
 Post coffee and pre afternoon Diet Dr. Pepper I thankfully still have a little pep in my mid-day step. Whistling while I work on sketti sauce day is normal. I like piss-getti. I could eat it everyday. 
  I smile as I throw my faithful stainless steel pots up on the stove. 
 Side by side, ready to rock an roll. 



A little bit of this and a little bit of that.
La lah la la Lah la, lah la la la laaahhhh.
I feel like Ratatouille as I scoot around the kitchen looking for just the spice. Twirling, gliding and leaving cabinet doors open as I please. No baby Daddy around to hit his head or remind me gently to close them. Oh yea, I'm the only cook in this kitchen today.
BOO-YAH!

 

Fresh herbs right now would be nice but ain't gonna happen. Not in this sell the house season. Anything extra to water daily or take of at this point simply wouldn't live. Period.
Oh well, please forgive me Grandma Leonie for using store bought dried flakes. Yikes. What a disgrace to the family I am.
Just kiddin'. 
I'm so not Eye-tal-ee-yun. 
Wish I was though. Good eats and fun people. 
Wait, I did ask a chocolate cannoli to marry me once.
Does that count for anything? Am I in by marriage?

The digital clock on the stove now reads 3:51.
Anyone at this point, even a part time Pizza Hut employee would be proud. I'm still stirring these big ole pots some 6 hours later.
That's what ya gotta do, bring out the taste and all. 
Ya' know this Irish girl may know a trick or two about bringing out some yummy Flav-O-flav.  


Spaghetti sauce day isn't much different than any other day around here. The sink seems to get bigger and bigger by the hour. No biggie, they aren't going any where. I have other, more pressing meaningful stuff on my plate to attend to. Like dessert. I'm gonna run as fast as I can to the back freezer and grab that hidden Dilly Bar before anyone else finds it.
I mean..... correct school work, write a love note to baby Daddy, push and old lady across the street and give an attention deprived kid some one on one mommy time. Well, whatever the case is, dishes can wait til after bed time.


After the extras are sealed tight in their appropriate containers and left unattended to cool it's eating time. Still smiling as I think of all the easy prep meals to come having this sauce already made. Lasagna, baked ziti, pizza and pepperoni crescent roll ups are all easy go-to Zybko favorites. Last minute
 get out of dinner free cards
 at arms length is too good to be true.


Now, back to those dishes.



No comments:

Post a Comment