Friday, April 26, 2013




I am In Love With a Japanese......Maple
Day #5
April 26th, 2013 





This colorful tree is planted right outside my office window. Through the hours of matching socks, hanging shirts and putting the wrong girl underwear in the wrong bin, we bond. We spend a lot of time together. Everyday I hum and talk to myself as I work behind a closed  laundry room door. I don't mind this chore. Starring through the window in a daze as I hear muffled voices and heavy footsteps getting closer. No worries, it will take them a few minutes to find me, even then I'm pretty good at playing dumb.
 
Oh sorry honey, I couldn't hear you.
What did your brother do again?
I'll be right there.
 
The heavy washing equipment works with me, the sound of the dryer creates the perfect white noise, drowning out the little ones asking for what seems like their 8th meal of the day.
 
Anyway, besides the fact I apparently need to get out more I really do love this tree. I love the way it dances in the breeze and lights up like fire in the sun. I love the way it hangs on to rain droplets for dear life. I love the way the outline of it's leaves silhouette against the blue sky and green grass. I love the way it looks completely different depending on the time of day.
 
It has been a long winter waiting for the first buds to arrive. Speaking of buds, I can't help but think these pointy leaves look a bit like a wacky tobacky plant. Of course I don't know much about what they may look like, ya know, only images I have seen on the World Wide Web. And just for my clean soccer mom record.....I never inhaled. You can believe that or not, it's my blog and I will type what I want.
 Mom...mom...you still there?
I was just kidding.
Hello?
Call me.
 
As I review my pics from this past week I do admit to one thing. I have taken too many stinking pictures. I simply couldn't help it. Like a new parent clicks away the perfect shot of their newborn. Geesh, why do we do that anyway? How many pictures of your baby sleeping are you gonna take? I will answer that, roughly 754 in the first 2 days, of her sleeping. BORING! I speak from experience. So with that being said I completely admit, some of these pics look exactly the same. But like a new mom, I plead my love obsession took over. I was forced to keep clicking.
 I love my special Japanese Maple.
  






















 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment