Thursday, April 25, 2013





New Nick Names
 Getting Us Through The Home School Year
Day #4
April 25th, 2013
 
I won't put a name to a face. They, and I know who we are. Outside distractions are always around us to prevent a smooth home school day. Blue skies, potential kickball games, classes taught at the gym, field trip play dates and so on.
Inside the classroom there are just as many. They seem to intensify within the walls surrounding the dining room table. Spending most of the day with one another is a beautiful thing. Really. I mean it, I mean it, I mean it. Pulling out these last weeks of mandatory learning, crossing days off, not so pretty.
 I have rules like any other classroom.
#3 clearly states;
No unnecessary noise.
Tapping, beating, humming, clicking of writing utensils and especially WHISTLING. While I do actually enjoy the sound of a happy old man behind me at the grocery store, whistling the rest of his life away while he jingles the 82cents in his pocket.
It is not welcome during American History.
WHISTLING WILLIE you must stop! 
 
 
Rule # 5
Please clean up after yourself.
Before moving on to the next center and the next one and the next one and the next one.
Perhaps TORNADO TAMMY missed this rule and the 100 memos that followed. Or maybe, just maybe the rule was covered in too much cut off barbie hair and Polly Pocket clothes for this student to see the words clearly. Either way, go clean up your room, the living room and the bathroom.
 Thank you Tammy. 
 

Rule # 42-56
Don't freak out about school work.
OR
Don't sweat the petty stuff and don't pet the sweaty stuff. HARRIET HORMONE doesn't care for this nickname too much. I get that. BUT, we are being honest here and trying to fix the problem. Math, numbers and fractions aren't going anywhere in your lifetime so let's embrace their importance. I try to explain from years of experience. Later on, down the road you will thank me. When you feel a womanly attack coming on, the ability to double or even triple a fudge brownie recipe quickly will be to your advantage. 
(Off the wall, motherly advice no one wants to admit coming later this month)  

 
Rule #.......can't recall.
Stick to the task at hand.
Do not get side....squirrel....do not...oh pretty flower....uh, what was I saying? Yes, I remember. Kids, please stay.....whoa, red bird at the bird feeder.....remain focused....gotta change the washer load.
SIDE TRACK SALLY may be the toughest nut to crack.
I'm working on it.
One day at a time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment