Friday, May 31, 2013






Antelope
It's What For Dinner
Day #34
May 29th, 2013
Team Zybko

A sweet MACK worker casually asked me as I was leaving the gym yesterday afternoon;
So, what's for dinner Ms. Zybko?
Of all days to be asked this simple, small talk question.
I sigh with a one sided grin before responding.
Well, you probably wouldn't believe me if I told you.
ANTELOPE
No words came from her mouth yet her face spoke volumes.
I know....crazy huh?
Maybe not crazy for everyone but for me, I am the one of the lamest, plainest eaters on the planet.
 My friend pokes fun at me, telling me I eat like an 8 year old boy.
Uh uhh, do not.
Yes, do to.
Nuh uh, do not.
Anyway, this I can admit. 
I do wish I was a little more adventurous.
Although I did recently acquire a taste for hummus and veggies.
Overcoming the texture and consistency issue like a champ.
Change of the century for me.

 

 This particular antelope was hunted and obtained by Diane's boyfriend. His own bow and arrow. His own skills. His own desire to eat good, lean meat. While Michael prepared the antelope burgers I learned some cool facts about the great outdoors and Gods amazing creatures with horns. I wish I could remember them but I was too worried about chickening out on the deal to retain much. Baby Daddy is a million times better about setting a go for it attitude with new food. Not long ago my good friend encouraged me to try shrimp. I warned her it wasn't a good idea. The smell alone triggers craziness in a millisecond. She didn't believe me until I was one gag short of becoming closer friends, all over her. She never attempted that again.
 
 
 I followed through on my promise and I am still here to report it was pretty good. Diane gave it a go with gusto, finishing the mouthful and crossing it of her list. La-La ate a burger and a half and Drex has asked for it to be served every night.
Thank you for the experience Michael, can't wait to see what you bring over next. Now on to the s'mores! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment